*On the eve of tonight’s big season premiere, the cast of ABC’s “Scandal” gathered in New York Wednesday for both a party and the unveiling of mannequins inspired by their characters in the windows of Saks Fifth Avenue.
“It’s thrilling,” said star Kerry Washington, who curated the installation with the show’s costume designer, Lyn Paolo. “When I landed at one in the morning I came straight here from the airport because I was dying to see the final product from all these phone calls and brainstorming sessions, and it’s really thrilling.”
Co-star Darby Stanchfield shared a funny story about how she found out about the promotion: “My hair stylist on the show said, ‘Um, babe, we need to cut an inch off your hair because they’re going to match a wig. I was like, ‘What’s this for? Who’s making a wig of my hair?'”
“Scandal” centers on Pope, a crisis management expert in Washington, D.C. She also happens to be having an affair with the president of the United States, played by Tony Goldwyn.
“It’s a D.C. show and it’s a D.C. world and yet it is making fashion statements,” said actress Katie Lowes. “I think that’s rare and I think obviously it’s being celebrated and I’m just honored to be a small part of it.”
Washington and actor Scott Foley even stepped inside the window displays to check out their mannequins, much to the delight of those passing by who quickly started snapping photos.
The mannequins are wearing clothing by designers the show has used like Giorgio Armani, Donna Karan, Calvin Klein, Michael Kors and Carolina Herrera.
“Scandal” premieres tonight (Oct. 3) at 10 p.m. EDT. The stars couldn’t give away spoilers but did say to expect the unexpected.
“These writers are not backing down at all,” Washington said with a laugh.
“There are so many great moments so far… moments where at the (script reading) I couldn’t pick my jaw up off the floor,” added Foley.
Saks stores in Beverly Hills, Calif., and Chevy Chase, Md., also have the window displays.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here