The newest addition to “Hollywood Exes,” like Toni Braxton, has begun to speak out regarding her autoimmune disease/Lupus and the importance of going Gluten free.
Here’s what she told CocoaFab:
“I ate clean even before I was diagnosed. My body was always off and I used to think I had IBS because my stomach was always bothering me but it was actually celiacs,” she says. Like many women, her health issues went undiagnosed for years. “It was since I was a little girl, I was always having stomach issues. My family couldn’t afford to get that medical care and no one knew about that back in the day.”
Now, it’s crucial that women become their own health advocates and push for answers when something feels “off.”
“People don’t realize that if you have sensitivities to gluten it’s one thing, but of you have an autoimmune issue and you have a sensitivity to gluten or celiac, the thing is that it causes inflammation more than people realize,” she says. “I think what is hard is that a lot of people don’t pay attention to their bodies. If you just take a minute and take everything out of your diet and start adding things back in little by little, it really helps.”
“It’s a blessing that we’re now able to be tested for things. As long as we pay attention, we’re good. I believe the food and the natural things on this earth is what God gave us to heal ourselves and take care of our bodies.”
Now, she’s sharing her health secrets with the world and is on a mission to educate others on getting healthy through their diets.
Get MORE of this story at CocoaFab.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here