*Rev Al Sharpton is moving to Chicago’s West Side.
The plan is to draw greater attention to the gun violence that plagues the city. Toward that effort, Sharpton said he will rent an apartment and commute home to New York weekly for the next two to three months. Joining him in the same undisclosed building is Martin Luther King III.
Supporting their move are several West Side leaders in the business and faith communities. Also, Congressman Danny Davis says he welcomes the attention this visit will bring.
Rev. Sharpton preached two sermons Sunday morning at Chicago’s Trinity United Church of Christ.
Watch a report from WGN below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Who Read Book at Beyonce Concert Explains; Reveals Title
- Video of Prince’s Emergency Landing in Illinois Released (Watch)
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers, Grace Gealey Share Honeymoon Pics from Europe
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here