*Rev Al Sharpton is moving to Chicago’s West Side.
The plan is to draw greater attention to the gun violence that plagues the city. Toward that effort, Sharpton said he will rent an apartment and commute home to New York weekly for the next two to three months. Joining him in the same undisclosed building is Martin Luther King III.
Supporting their move are several West Side leaders in the business and faith communities. Also, Congressman Danny Davis says he welcomes the attention this visit will bring.
Rev. Sharpton preached two sermons Sunday morning at Chicago’s Trinity United Church of Christ.
Watch a report from WGN below.
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here