*Rev Al Sharpton is moving to Chicago’s West Side.
The plan is to draw greater attention to the gun violence that plagues the city. Toward that effort, Sharpton said he will rent an apartment and commute home to New York weekly for the next two to three months. Joining him in the same undisclosed building is Martin Luther King III.
Supporting their move are several West Side leaders in the business and faith communities. Also, Congressman Danny Davis says he welcomes the attention this visit will bring.
Rev. Sharpton preached two sermons Sunday morning at Chicago’s Trinity United Church of Christ.
Watch a report from WGN below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Camille Cosby Must Give Deposition in Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case ... with Limits
- Lamar Odom's First Public Appearance is Kanye’s 'Yeezy Season 3' Show
- Va. Parents Mad As Heck Over White Guilt Video About 'Unequal Opportunity'
- TrOyMan: Back Again with New EP & Single
- 'RACE' Kicks Off NBA All Star Weekend 2016 with Red Carpet Screening (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Camp Reacts to Kanye West Lyric, ‘I Made That B*tch Famous’
- Martin Shkreli Offers Kanye $10M for 'The Life of Pablo' Album
- The Film Strip: Katie Holmes Tackles Mental Illness in 'Touched by Fire’
- Trump Sticker Causes Heated Interaction Between St. John’s University Students
- Raven-Symoné Reacts to Getting Shoved Out of the Way For Kendall Jenner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here