The event will premiere on Centric and BET on Dec. 1 at 8 p.m. ET and will also include performances by K. Michelle, Wale, Kem, Chrisette Michelle, Eric Benét, Ronald Isley, Bobby Caldwell, Joss Stone and “American Idol” season 12 winner Candice Glover.
“I’m very excited to be a part of this year’s ‘Soul Train Awards.’ I’m thrilled that the show is honoring Dionne Warwick — one of my favorite people — and that I’ll be performing in tribute to her,” Robinson shared about his performance.
The night will be hosted by comedic actor Anthony Anderson. Rapper Kendrick Lamar leads with six award nominations and Miguel, Justin Timberlake, Robin Thicke, Chris Brown and Braxton are all tied with five.
But don’t expect to know everything before the night of the award show as Centric exec. VP/GM Paxton Baker says the show is “80%-90% finished” with booking and there are a “couple of big surprises we are close to closing.”
The awards show was held three years in a row in Atlanta but this marks the award show’s second year in Las Vegas. Notes Baker, “Don Cornelius shaped ‘Soul Train’ into the premier place to celebrate soul and the African-American culture, and its legacy is just as meaningful today.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here