*According to reports, Joseph Patterson, the man charged with beating the 2-year-old son of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, has a history of violence against women and children.
Patterson was charged Friday morning with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant. The charges came before the authorities found out that the child died in a South Dakota hospital.
The bail for Patterson was set at $750,000 cash and the revocation hearing was set by Judge Stuart Tiede for Oct. 30. South Dakota State’s Attorney Thomas Wollman wanted suspended sentences related to misdemeanor charges against Patterson for a simple assault domestic charge and violation of a domestic abuse bond to be revoked.
The Argus Leader reported that Patterson previously had multiple counts of simple assault and was indicted in June 2012. After receiving a no contact order later, Patterson violated that and was sentenced to one year in jail for both cases.
The victim who requested protection from Patterson claimed he spanked her 3-year-old son so hard he heeded ice for welts on his buttocks. After she grew angry with him for the mistreatment of her child, Patterson then excused the children and proceeded to grab her by the throat and threaten her with his fist.
“He has (threatened) to kill me multiple times,” she wrote, according to the news outlet.
Now he reportedly grew violent again with Adrian Peterson’s son after he was left alone by the mother to take care of the child on Wednesday, according to police.
Read more: NY Daily News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here