*According to reports, Joseph Patterson, the man charged with beating the 2-year-old son of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, has a history of violence against women and children.
Patterson was charged Friday morning with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant. The charges came before the authorities found out that the child died in a South Dakota hospital.
The bail for Patterson was set at $750,000 cash and the revocation hearing was set by Judge Stuart Tiede for Oct. 30. South Dakota State’s Attorney Thomas Wollman wanted suspended sentences related to misdemeanor charges against Patterson for a simple assault domestic charge and violation of a domestic abuse bond to be revoked.
The Argus Leader reported that Patterson previously had multiple counts of simple assault and was indicted in June 2012. After receiving a no contact order later, Patterson violated that and was sentenced to one year in jail for both cases.
The victim who requested protection from Patterson claimed he spanked her 3-year-old son so hard he heeded ice for welts on his buttocks. After she grew angry with him for the mistreatment of her child, Patterson then excused the children and proceeded to grab her by the throat and threaten her with his fist.
“He has (threatened) to kill me multiple times,” she wrote, according to the news outlet.
Now he reportedly grew violent again with Adrian Peterson’s son after he was left alone by the mother to take care of the child on Wednesday, according to police.
Read more: NY Daily News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here