*According to reports, Joseph Patterson, the man charged with beating the 2-year-old son of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, has a history of violence against women and children.
Patterson was charged Friday morning with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant. The charges came before the authorities found out that the child died in a South Dakota hospital.
The bail for Patterson was set at $750,000 cash and the revocation hearing was set by Judge Stuart Tiede for Oct. 30. South Dakota State’s Attorney Thomas Wollman wanted suspended sentences related to misdemeanor charges against Patterson for a simple assault domestic charge and violation of a domestic abuse bond to be revoked.
The Argus Leader reported that Patterson previously had multiple counts of simple assault and was indicted in June 2012. After receiving a no contact order later, Patterson violated that and was sentenced to one year in jail for both cases.
The victim who requested protection from Patterson claimed he spanked her 3-year-old son so hard he heeded ice for welts on his buttocks. After she grew angry with him for the mistreatment of her child, Patterson then excused the children and proceeded to grab her by the throat and threaten her with his fist.
“He has (threatened) to kill me multiple times,” she wrote, according to the news outlet.
Now he reportedly grew violent again with Adrian Peterson’s son after he was left alone by the mother to take care of the child on Wednesday, according to police.
Read more: NY Daily News.
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Pulled from TV Land Over Confederate Flag Car
- National Action Network to Convene Members of Congress, Administration and Civil Rights Leaders for a Legislative & Policy Conference on Capitol Hill
- Flo Rida Pulls Out of Miss USA Pageant Over Donald Trump Comments
- Obama Crashes FLOTUS' Girl Scout Campfire: 'What Are You Doing in My Yard?'
- FBI: Lightning May Have Caused Fire at Mt. Zion AME Church
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here