*While Ted Nugent was making his rounds this week doing interviews to promote his new CD and DVD set, it was no surprise that politics found its ways into the discussion.
The partial government shutdown is going on its second week and the 65-year-old rocker (who’s seen better days) made it clear how it feels about the situation after citing a recent excerpt he authored for the conservative website called “Make my Day, Shut it Down.”
“The government is so out of control. It is so bloated and infested with fraud and deceit and corruption and abuse of power,” he said Monday. “The American government today will go down and the American people, it breaks my heart to say … will go down as the dumbest, most unappreciative society in the history of humankind.”
Although he stated the problems with the government overreach stems from decades ago, Nugent feels Obama’s reign as president has made matters even worse and that he’s a “monster in the White House” who “wouldn’t qualify to drive my tour bus.”
This is not the first time Nugent has expressed his distate for Obama having said that he would be “dead or in jail” if he was re-elected. The statement was not a threat according to Nugent, but rather a fear for his safety as he feels he’s been targeted by government agents.
By the way, Nugent said he’s “blessed with just unbelievable energy.” He was out on tour with Styx and REO Speedwagon and is now pushing his collection of work.
“When I’m onstage, it really is out of body — it really is untouchable,” he said. “That Motor City throttle is purely driven and conveyed via the music. … Time stands still — just at extreme velocity.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here