*Tyra Banks is firing back at some wig companies that have been using her name to enhance the curb appeal of certain wig styles without her permission.
According to TMZ, the model-turned-mogul just filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles County against 10 companies that make wigs, claiming they’re all biting her “name, photograph, image, and identity,” as well as her trademarks.
Several of the companies have Tyra’s photos and Tyra-inspired wigs on their websites. For example, there’s “The Yaki straight [Tyra-Banks style] wig (pictured below)” the “Tyra Banks custom lace wig #046,” and the “Tyra Banks inspired human hair wig,” which goes for $300.
According to TMZ, a portion of the lawsuit lays out how valuable her trademark is because she’s so well known. As proof, she attached all 11 pages of her IMDB profile as Exhibit A.Banks is suing for an injunction to stop the sale of the infringing products, and at least $10 million in damages.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Report: Tyga Hooked Up With Same Porn Star as Charlie Sheen; Jenners in 'Meltdown Mode'
- MC Lyte: Fetty Wap is Hip Hop’s Most Feminist Rapper (Watch)
- Cynthia Robinson of Sly and the Family Stone Dies at 69
- Woman Admits She Was 'Angry at Life' When She Stabbed Stranger in Store to Death ... WTF?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here