*Tyra Banks is firing back at some wig companies that have been using her name to enhance the curb appeal of certain wig styles without her permission.
According to TMZ, the model-turned-mogul just filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles County against 10 companies that make wigs, claiming they’re all biting her “name, photograph, image, and identity,” as well as her trademarks.
Several of the companies have Tyra’s photos and Tyra-inspired wigs on their websites. For example, there’s “The Yaki straight [Tyra-Banks style] wig (pictured below)” the “Tyra Banks custom lace wig #046,” and the “Tyra Banks inspired human hair wig,” which goes for $300.
According to TMZ, a portion of the lawsuit lays out how valuable her trademark is because she’s so well known. As proof, she attached all 11 pages of her IMDB profile as Exhibit A.Banks is suing for an injunction to stop the sale of the infringing products, and at least $10 million in damages.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here