*Tyra Banks is firing back at some wig companies that have been using her name to enhance the curb appeal of certain wig styles without her permission.
According to TMZ, the model-turned-mogul just filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles County against 10 companies that make wigs, claiming they’re all biting her “name, photograph, image, and identity,” as well as her trademarks.
Several of the companies have Tyra’s photos and Tyra-inspired wigs on their websites. For example, there’s “The Yaki straight [Tyra-Banks style] wig (pictured below)” the “Tyra Banks custom lace wig #046,” and the “Tyra Banks inspired human hair wig,” which goes for $300.
According to TMZ, a portion of the lawsuit lays out how valuable her trademark is because she’s so well known. As proof, she attached all 11 pages of her IMDB profile as Exhibit A.Banks is suing for an injunction to stop the sale of the infringing products, and at least $10 million in damages.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here