*Folks traveling on Virgin America will notice something a little different about the safety video.
The days of those hideous pencil-drawn, animated characters are over. On November 1, the airline will debut its replacement – a five minute music video featuring 36 dancers and former contestants from “So You Think You Can Dance” and “American Idol” doing everything from singing to rapping to breakdancing to contortions, all while adhering to the FAA’s in-flight safety guidelines.
There’s even a nun.
“We knew how much our guests loved the fun and irreverence of our current video, but after six years we wanted to give them something unexpected, a fresh take on what a safety video could be,” creative director Jesse McMillin said. “Changing the game is what Virgin America is all about, and we hope our guests have as much fun boppin’ their heads to the new video as we had making it.”
The song has a Cee-Lo “F*** You” flavor to it.
Directed by Hollywood blockbuster film director Jon M. Chu (“G.I. Joe: Retaliation,” “Step Up 2″), we give you – the VX Safety Dance (a.k.a. the Virgin America Pre-Flight Safety Instruction Video).
Virgin America fliers can vie for a chance to be in a second, 2014 version of the video by submitting their own freestyle moves via Instagram video and tagging them “#VXsafetydance” to be voted on.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here