*Folks traveling on Virgin America will notice something a little different about the safety video.
The days of those hideous pencil-drawn, animated characters are over. On November 1, the airline will debut its replacement – a five minute music video featuring 36 dancers and former contestants from “So You Think You Can Dance” and “American Idol” doing everything from singing to rapping to breakdancing to contortions, all while adhering to the FAA’s in-flight safety guidelines.
There’s even a nun.
“We knew how much our guests loved the fun and irreverence of our current video, but after six years we wanted to give them something unexpected, a fresh take on what a safety video could be,” creative director Jesse McMillin said. “Changing the game is what Virgin America is all about, and we hope our guests have as much fun boppin’ their heads to the new video as we had making it.”
The song has a Cee-Lo “F*** You” flavor to it.
Directed by Hollywood blockbuster film director Jon M. Chu (“G.I. Joe: Retaliation,” “Step Up 2”), we give you – the VX Safety Dance (a.k.a. the Virgin America Pre-Flight Safety Instruction Video).
Virgin America fliers can vie for a chance to be in a second, 2014 version of the video by submitting their own freestyle moves via Instagram video and tagging them “#VXsafetydance” to be voted on.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here