*The legend of “Iron” Mike Tyson has all the makings of a cautionary tale.
Armed with tree trunks for legs, bulging biceps, abs carved in stone, a ballooning chest, and sinister left hook, the tenacious warrior effortlessly obliterated his opponents with the intensity of a raging bull in a china shop–angry, wild, rugged, and astonishingly destructive.
At 20, despite unprecedented odds, he became the youngest fighter crowned heavyweight champ in boxing’s long history. A bona fide knockout artist, and budding superstar, the Brooklyn-bred phenom was introduced to wealth, fortune and fame beyond his wildest imagination. And then life happened, the door to destruction opened, and Mike waltzed right on in.
In his forthcoming memoir, “The Undisputed Truth,” Tyson chronicles past experiences–the peaks and valleys of being thrust into the spotlight, love and war, victory and defeat, freedom and captivity, success and spectacular failure, Robin Givens.
“She was supposedly three months pregnant when we got married,” Tyson writes of Givens. “Now it was June and she hadn’t gained a pound, so the next thing I knew she was in bed and claimed she had miscarried our baby.”
He goes on to describe a confrontation with Brad Pitt, whom Robin had started dating before ending her marriage to Iron Mike. Tyson says Pitt begged him not to throw a punch.
“You had to see the look on his face,” writes Tyson. “He looked like he was ready to receive his last rites. He also looked stoned out of his gourd.”
Besides Robin Givens and his awkward exchange with Brad Pitt, he candidly recalls moments from his career, his numerous encounters with drugs, sex, and alcohol, the “ear” biting fiasco, his stints in rehab, the “face” tattoo, run-ins with police, and more.
“When I look back on my life, it’s hard to believe how big an entity I was at the height of my fame,” Tyson writes. “I felt like I was part of a freak show for most of my career as a boxer. Later, I just felt like a freak.”
“I still have a lot of work to do,” he continues. “I have to try to really love myself.”
“Undisputed Truth” becomes available Nov. 12.
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here