A senseless, shameful and terrifying new “game” is starting to take hold in cities around the country. It’s called the “Knockout Game” and already caused deaths in Syracuse, St. Louis and New Jersey is gaining steam all across the nation, and it preys upon unsuspecting people walking the streets, anywhere.
Light was shed on the growing trend via a recent report from CBS 2 in New York City. The report showed unsettling footage of (black) teens participating in this “game” which involves randomly targeting passersby, with the ultimate goal being to knock them out with one punch as they walk by.
One victim shown in the footage is a 46-year-old man from Hoboken, N.J., who was found dead with his neck broken and head lodged between iron fence posts, according to NJ.com.
Video surveillance shows Santiago walking in an alleyway in broad daylight, and just as he’s about to pass a pack of teenagers, one launches the fatal, knockout blow.
And what’s the point?
“For the fun of it,” one teen said in the video.
“They just want to see if you got enough strength to knock somebody out,” said another.
As we shake our collective head, we can only wonder how this shameful and deadly “game” can even remotely be seen as fun.
What’s next, walking up to someone and shooting them? God help us.
Read the rest of the story at CBSDC.
Watch the mind blowing report below:
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here