*And the booby prize goes to … Gabrielle Union!
It’s hard coming in second place. But after being passed over for Kerry Washington’s role in the smash television drama, “Scandal,” Union has regained her footing with a new show on BET, “Being Mary Jane.”
After a strong outing over the summer (4 million viewers and a 2.0 rating with adults 18-49, making it that night’s highest rated cable TV show, and the 2nd highest rated show on all of TV), BET’s first original scripted hour-long drama, Being Mary Jane, now has a debut date: Tuesday, January 7 at 10 pm.
Created by Mara Brock Akil, and starring Gabrielle Union, the series chronicles the work, social and family life of a successful African American career woman (Mary Jane Paul, played by Union), an acclaimed host of a 24-hour national cable news network.
As Mary Jane performs a balancing act of her life, her work and her commitment to family, viewers will witness the depths she’s willing to travel for happiness, satisfaction and piece of mind.
Omari Hardwick, Richard Roundtree, Margaret Avery, Lisa Vidal, Richard Brooks, Tika Sumpter, Raven Goodwin, B.J. Britt, Aaron Spears, Latarsha Rose, Stephen Bishop and Robinne Lee, round out the cast.
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here