*And the booby prize goes to … Gabrielle Union!
It’s hard coming in second place. But after being passed over for Kerry Washington’s role in the smash television drama, “Scandal,” Union has regained her footing with a new show on BET, “Being Mary Jane.”
After a strong outing over the summer (4 million viewers and a 2.0 rating with adults 18-49, making it that night’s highest rated cable TV show, and the 2nd highest rated show on all of TV), BET’s first original scripted hour-long drama, Being Mary Jane, now has a debut date: Tuesday, January 7 at 10 pm.
Created by Mara Brock Akil, and starring Gabrielle Union, the series chronicles the work, social and family life of a successful African American career woman (Mary Jane Paul, played by Union), an acclaimed host of a 24-hour national cable news network.
As Mary Jane performs a balancing act of her life, her work and her commitment to family, viewers will witness the depths she’s willing to travel for happiness, satisfaction and piece of mind.
Omari Hardwick, Richard Roundtree, Margaret Avery, Lisa Vidal, Richard Brooks, Tika Sumpter, Raven Goodwin, B.J. Britt, Aaron Spears, Latarsha Rose, Stephen Bishop and Robinne Lee, round out the cast.
- Kevin Hart Talks Homophobia & Race with Rolling Stone
- White House Petitioned to Extradite Dentist that Killed 'Cecil the Lion'
- Ciara Takes 'Presidential' Route on Janet Tribute, Mom and Men
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Tami Roman Suffers Miscarriage
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here