*And the booby prize goes to … Gabrielle Union!
It’s hard coming in second place. But after being passed over for Kerry Washington’s role in the smash television drama, “Scandal,” Union has regained her footing with a new show on BET, “Being Mary Jane.”
After a strong outing over the summer (4 million viewers and a 2.0 rating with adults 18-49, making it that night’s highest rated cable TV show, and the 2nd highest rated show on all of TV), BET’s first original scripted hour-long drama, Being Mary Jane, now has a debut date: Tuesday, January 7 at 10 pm.
Created by Mara Brock Akil, and starring Gabrielle Union, the series chronicles the work, social and family life of a successful African American career woman (Mary Jane Paul, played by Union), an acclaimed host of a 24-hour national cable news network.
As Mary Jane performs a balancing act of her life, her work and her commitment to family, viewers will witness the depths she’s willing to travel for happiness, satisfaction and piece of mind.
Omari Hardwick, Richard Roundtree, Margaret Avery, Lisa Vidal, Richard Brooks, Tika Sumpter, Raven Goodwin, B.J. Britt, Aaron Spears, Latarsha Rose, Stephen Bishop and Robinne Lee, round out the cast.
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Meet New 'Daily Show' Correspondent Roy Wood Jr. (Video)
- The Isley Brothers’ Essential Library - 23-CD Box Set Collection is Historic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here