*And the booby prize goes to … Gabrielle Union!
It’s hard coming in second place. But after being passed over for Kerry Washington’s role in the smash television drama, “Scandal,” Union has regained her footing with a new show on BET, “Being Mary Jane.”
After a strong outing over the summer (4 million viewers and a 2.0 rating with adults 18-49, making it that night’s highest rated cable TV show, and the 2nd highest rated show on all of TV), BET’s first original scripted hour-long drama, Being Mary Jane, now has a debut date: Tuesday, January 7 at 10 pm.
Created by Mara Brock Akil, and starring Gabrielle Union, the series chronicles the work, social and family life of a successful African American career woman (Mary Jane Paul, played by Union), an acclaimed host of a 24-hour national cable news network.
As Mary Jane performs a balancing act of her life, her work and her commitment to family, viewers will witness the depths she’s willing to travel for happiness, satisfaction and piece of mind.
Omari Hardwick, Richard Roundtree, Margaret Avery, Lisa Vidal, Richard Brooks, Tika Sumpter, Raven Goodwin, B.J. Britt, Aaron Spears, Latarsha Rose, Stephen Bishop and Robinne Lee, round out the cast.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Rinkins Report: FMU's Black Male College Explorers Program helps decrease achievement gap
- Janet Jackson, Chaka Khan, The J.B.’s Considered for Rock Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here