“The Ruckers: Southern Royals” is WEtv‘s latest reality show. The series follows three successful and educated African-American sisters from South Carolina.
“I’m attracted to older men because I know I’ll have their undivided attention and they won’t look at anyone else.” Ione Rucker Jamison, 33, is the youngest of the siblings. Last year she went through a public divorce with Antawn Jamison (Los Angeles Clippers) after the basketball player admitted to infidelities and requested a separation. While wearing her six-carat diamond ring, cameras follow the mother of three, as she re-enters the dating game.
“We’ve lived the American dream. We are a highly educated, successful, tight knight family.” Ellen Rucker Carter, 36, is a chiropractor and ex-wife of basketball player Vince Carter (Dallas Mavericks). The college sweethearts have one daughter and divorced in 2006. Labeled the perfectionist, she has yet to commit to her politician boyfriend Bakari Sellers.
Nicknamed ‘the hot head’, Ruby Rucker Cooper, is an attorney with three kids and married to an orthodontist. Which is fitting since their father, Douglas Rucker, an award-winning dentist was the first African American dentist in Lancaster County. She is trying to balance life after going through financial hardship. Living with her are Aunt Dianne and Aunt Barbara, characters to tune in for. They help around the house and with the kids. Viewers will fall in love with these two show stoppers.
Filled with southern traditions, high society fetes and glamorous soirees, the heirs to one of the oldest and prominent southern families in the Carolinas, are charged to carry on the family legacy with style and grace.
The hour long docu-soap is scheduled to air on Thursday nights in January.
Watch the show trailer here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Janet Jackson, Husband Spotted at Paris Fashion Week
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here