The ad, which be can reviewed here (or scroll down to see it), reveals that tigers used by circuses are beaten into submission—and when they’re not “performing,” they’re locked away in cramped, filthy cages.
“There’s so much cruelty behind the scenes, which is a something that a lot of people don’t get to see,” Chilli explained in an exclusive PETA interview. “They’re being mean to them to make them do this trick .… And I think that everybody needs to be aware of what’s really going on.”
That’s why Chilli was willing to strip down for the cause.
“If you can raise awareness to something that’s important, such as this, then you should,” she says. “Because I know for a fact that I would never want to be in a cage.”
Circuses deprive tigers of everything that is natural and important to them, including interacting with their families, foraging and hunting for food, and roaming for miles. Tigers used by circuses are locked in small cages and warehoused in traveling boxcars, where they are exposed to extreme heat and freezing-cold weather. These unnatural and stressful conditions lead tigers and other big cats to become ill, despondent, and increasingly agitated, endangering other animals, circus workers, and attendees.
Chilli joins a growing list of celebrities—including Alec Baldwin, Jada Pinkett Smith, Olivia Munn, Cloris Leachman, Sarah Silverman, and Edie Falco—who have teamed up with PETA to speak out against circuses that use animals.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here