Barnes and Thunder center Serge Ibaka were both ejected just before halftime for getting involved in a scuffle.
But perhaps it was what he did/said after he was ejected that may cause Barnes the most grief; while he was still raging from the fight and getting kicked out of the game, he took to Twitter and used the n-word and the s-word that seemed to suggest his inexplicable frustration with his own teammates.
“I love my teammates like family, but I’m DONE standing up for these n*ggas! All this sh*t does is cost me money,” Barnes wrote before deleting the tweet.
Thursday morning, Barnes apparently came to his senses and apologized in a series of tweets about the incident, saying he “was completely wrong” and accepted “full responsibility” for his actions. But it was too late because as he rightfully predicted in his hot headed tweet Wednesday night, the Clippers did fine him $25,000 “for failing to leave the court in a timely manner upon his ejection and using inappropriate language on his Twitter account during the game following his ejection, in violation of NBA rules”:
If you didn’t see the game, it all started with a dust-up between Blake Griffin and Ibaka after the two got their arms tangled. That’s when Barnes flew in with a shove to Ibaka’s chest. And of course that’s when things went downhill for the Clippers forward. Watch it all unfold below.
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here