*Fired from Prime Prep Academy — a school he co-founded — after locking horns with one of their officials during a heated faculty meeting, TMZ obtained docs that show Deion Sanders was given a Class C citation for misdemeanor assault. The citation carries no jail time, but does impose a $500 fine.
Sanders won’t go down without a fight though, and plans to go to court and battle for justice because he insists he never assaulted Kevin Jefferson and he intends to prove it.
In his statement to police … Jefferson says Sanders got in his face and “grabbed [him] by the collar and pushed him into the wall hurting the right side of his back” … before other staff members stepped in to stop the fight.
According to Dallas PD … Deion now has two choices — he can either pay the fine – or contest the assault citation in Dallas City Court.
Sanders has chosen option number two; but not before adding …
“I wish Mr. Jefferson well in his paper chase. I will continue to support our teachers, students and parents to ensure academic and personal success at Prime Prep.”
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here