*Fired from Prime Prep Academy — a school he co-founded — after locking horns with one of their officials during a heated faculty meeting, TMZ obtained docs that show Deion Sanders was given a Class C citation for misdemeanor assault. The citation carries no jail time, but does impose a $500 fine.
Sanders won’t go down without a fight though, and plans to go to court and battle for justice because he insists he never assaulted Kevin Jefferson and he intends to prove it.
In his statement to police … Jefferson says Sanders got in his face and “grabbed [him] by the collar and pushed him into the wall hurting the right side of his back” … before other staff members stepped in to stop the fight.
According to Dallas PD … Deion now has two choices — he can either pay the fine – or contest the assault citation in Dallas City Court.
Sanders has chosen option number two; but not before adding …
“I wish Mr. Jefferson well in his paper chase. I will continue to support our teachers, students and parents to ensure academic and personal success at Prime Prep.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here