*Fired from Prime Prep Academy — a school he co-founded — after locking horns with one of their officials during a heated faculty meeting, TMZ obtained docs that show Deion Sanders was given a Class C citation for misdemeanor assault. The citation carries no jail time, but does impose a $500 fine.
Sanders won’t go down without a fight though, and plans to go to court and battle for justice because he insists he never assaulted Kevin Jefferson and he intends to prove it.
In his statement to police … Jefferson says Sanders got in his face and “grabbed [him] by the collar and pushed him into the wall hurting the right side of his back” … before other staff members stepped in to stop the fight.
According to Dallas PD … Deion now has two choices — he can either pay the fine – or contest the assault citation in Dallas City Court.
Sanders has chosen option number two; but not before adding …
“I wish Mr. Jefferson well in his paper chase. I will continue to support our teachers, students and parents to ensure academic and personal success at Prime Prep.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here