*Fired from Prime Prep Academy — a school he co-founded — after locking horns with one of their officials during a heated faculty meeting, TMZ obtained docs that show Deion Sanders was given a Class C citation for misdemeanor assault. The citation carries no jail time, but does impose a $500 fine.
Sanders won’t go down without a fight though, and plans to go to court and battle for justice because he insists he never assaulted Kevin Jefferson and he intends to prove it.
In his statement to police … Jefferson says Sanders got in his face and “grabbed [him] by the collar and pushed him into the wall hurting the right side of his back” … before other staff members stepped in to stop the fight.
According to Dallas PD … Deion now has two choices — he can either pay the fine – or contest the assault citation in Dallas City Court.
Sanders has chosen option number two; but not before adding …
“I wish Mr. Jefferson well in his paper chase. I will continue to support our teachers, students and parents to ensure academic and personal success at Prime Prep.”
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here