Want some tips on how to do what everyone else will do on Black Friday, but not get profiled while doing it? Listen up.
Proving that when all else fails just laugh, the video below shows “Daily Show” correspondent Jessica Williams sharing a few ideas on how people of color can shop without being harassed.
Late night talk show host, Jon Stewart introduces the comedic video, but sets it up like this first: This Thanksgiving, as you reflect on the past year and then “prepare to beat the sh*t out of people to go shopping” for Black Friday, remember that not everyone will be afforded the same shopping experience thanks to stop-and-frisk and racial profiling.
In a comedic segment mocking the recent racial profiling incidents at Barneys, Williams puts together her own strategies on how to deal with the all-too-real harassment that people of color face while shopping. A few tactics include hiring an old white woman as your personal shopper, announcing your presence and intentions upon entering a store, and baking cookies for security as a demonstration of your good intent.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here