Want some tips on how to do what everyone else will do on Black Friday, but not get profiled while doing it? Listen up.
Proving that when all else fails just laugh, the video below shows “Daily Show” correspondent Jessica Williams sharing a few ideas on how people of color can shop without being harassed.
Late night talk show host, Jon Stewart introduces the comedic video, but sets it up like this first: This Thanksgiving, as you reflect on the past year and then “prepare to beat the sh*t out of people to go shopping” for Black Friday, remember that not everyone will be afforded the same shopping experience thanks to stop-and-frisk and racial profiling.
In a comedic segment mocking the recent racial profiling incidents at Barneys, Williams puts together her own strategies on how to deal with the all-too-real harassment that people of color face while shopping. A few tactics include hiring an old white woman as your personal shopper, announcing your presence and intentions upon entering a store, and baking cookies for security as a demonstration of your good intent.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- NFL Great Jerry Rice is Driving for Lyft in San Francisco (WATCH)
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here