Want some tips on how to do what everyone else will do on Black Friday, but not get profiled while doing it? Listen up.
Proving that when all else fails just laugh, the video below shows “Daily Show” correspondent Jessica Williams sharing a few ideas on how people of color can shop without being harassed.
Late night talk show host, Jon Stewart introduces the comedic video, but sets it up like this first: This Thanksgiving, as you reflect on the past year and then “prepare to beat the sh*t out of people to go shopping” for Black Friday, remember that not everyone will be afforded the same shopping experience thanks to stop-and-frisk and racial profiling.
In a comedic segment mocking the recent racial profiling incidents at Barneys, Williams puts together her own strategies on how to deal with the all-too-real harassment that people of color face while shopping. A few tactics include hiring an old white woman as your personal shopper, announcing your presence and intentions upon entering a store, and baking cookies for security as a demonstration of your good intent.
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Fo Yo Soul Recordings/RCA Signs Christon Gray
- Nick Gordon Hires Casey Anthony’s Lawyer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here