Want some tips on how to do what everyone else will do on Black Friday, but not get profiled while doing it? Listen up.
Proving that when all else fails just laugh, the video below shows “Daily Show” correspondent Jessica Williams sharing a few ideas on how people of color can shop without being harassed.
Late night talk show host, Jon Stewart introduces the comedic video, but sets it up like this first: This Thanksgiving, as you reflect on the past year and then “prepare to beat the sh*t out of people to go shopping” for Black Friday, remember that not everyone will be afforded the same shopping experience thanks to stop-and-frisk and racial profiling.
In a comedic segment mocking the recent racial profiling incidents at Barneys, Williams puts together her own strategies on how to deal with the all-too-real harassment that people of color face while shopping. A few tactics include hiring an old white woman as your personal shopper, announcing your presence and intentions upon entering a store, and baking cookies for security as a demonstration of your good intent.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Chris Angelo Word and Alfred Torregano's 'Optimal Nutrition': A Life Driven Story
- T-Boz to Exec. Produce Teen Musical Project 'What About Your Friends?'
- Maino’s Girlfriend to Sue NYPD Over T.I. Concert Shooting
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here