*Eric Benét is going to new lows – literally – to jump into the reality TV business.
The crooner has teamed with entertainment company Viardo Artists and Emmy Award-winning production company Natural 9 Entertainment to co-produce “Sub Stars,” a music competition show for budding artists who play in the subways.
In addition to serving as an executive producer, Benét will host the series, which will “pit the best ‘underground’ musicians, discovered in the subway systems of major U.S. cities against one another,” according to a press release.
Contestants will vie for a record label deal and cash prizes. To help support the television show’s first season of production, a Kickstarter campaign goes live today. Eventually fans will help scout for talent and vote for winners using a “Sub Stars” smartphone app. The “Sub Stars” Kickstarter campaign will continue through Dec. 20 in hopes of reaching and exceeding a $399,000 goal.
Benét says in the statement, “[‘Sub Stars’] gives truly unique characters, with a different and innovative sound, a platform to showcase their musical individualism and talent.”
- Of 10,000 Facebook Employees Only 1% Black - None Are Execs
- NFL Players' Crazy Answers Make for Hilarious 'Family Feud' (WATCH)
- Transgender Heckler Tells why She Interrupted Pres. Obama
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here