*Eric Benét is going to new lows – literally – to jump into the reality TV business.
The crooner has teamed with entertainment company Viardo Artists and Emmy Award-winning production company Natural 9 Entertainment to co-produce “Sub Stars,” a music competition show for budding artists who play in the subways.
In addition to serving as an executive producer, Benét will host the series, which will “pit the best ‘underground’ musicians, discovered in the subway systems of major U.S. cities against one another,” according to a press release.
Contestants will vie for a record label deal and cash prizes. To help support the television show’s first season of production, a Kickstarter campaign goes live today. Eventually fans will help scout for talent and vote for winners using a “Sub Stars” smartphone app. The “Sub Stars” Kickstarter campaign will continue through Dec. 20 in hopes of reaching and exceeding a $399,000 goal.
Benét says in the statement, “[‘Sub Stars’] gives truly unique characters, with a different and innovative sound, a platform to showcase their musical individualism and talent.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Deion Sanders Pushes Josh Norman’s Buttons Re: Odell Beckham Jr. Incident
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here