*Eric Benét is going to new lows – literally – to jump into the reality TV business.
The crooner has teamed with entertainment company Viardo Artists and Emmy Award-winning production company Natural 9 Entertainment to co-produce “Sub Stars,” a music competition show for budding artists who play in the subways.
In addition to serving as an executive producer, Benét will host the series, which will “pit the best ‘underground’ musicians, discovered in the subway systems of major U.S. cities against one another,” according to a press release.
Contestants will vie for a record label deal and cash prizes. To help support the television show’s first season of production, a Kickstarter campaign goes live today. Eventually fans will help scout for talent and vote for winners using a “Sub Stars” smartphone app. The “Sub Stars” Kickstarter campaign will continue through Dec. 20 in hopes of reaching and exceeding a $399,000 goal.
Benét says in the statement, “[‘Sub Stars’] gives truly unique characters, with a different and innovative sound, a platform to showcase their musical individualism and talent.”
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here