*Eric Benét is going to new lows – literally – to jump into the reality TV business.
The crooner has teamed with entertainment company Viardo Artists and Emmy Award-winning production company Natural 9 Entertainment to co-produce “Sub Stars,” a music competition show for budding artists who play in the subways.
In addition to serving as an executive producer, Benét will host the series, which will “pit the best ‘underground’ musicians, discovered in the subway systems of major U.S. cities against one another,” according to a press release.
Contestants will vie for a record label deal and cash prizes. To help support the television show’s first season of production, a Kickstarter campaign goes live today. Eventually fans will help scout for talent and vote for winners using a “Sub Stars” smartphone app. The “Sub Stars” Kickstarter campaign will continue through Dec. 20 in hopes of reaching and exceeding a $399,000 goal.
Benét says in the statement, “[‘Sub Stars’] gives truly unique characters, with a different and innovative sound, a platform to showcase their musical individualism and talent.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here