*”I want to go downtown and buy 1,500 tickets to this movie and give them away to the homeless.” Tyrese Gibson wants to “make sure the less fortunate can go see this movie.”
The actor talked to EURweb associate Fahnia Thomas about his new flick, “Black Nativity“ and why it is important to have faith based films in 2013.
“There are a lot of people giving up.” Gibson hopes the films message will “give hope to the hopeless, inspire the uninspired, and motivate the unmotivated.”
“Nativity” is a contemporary adaptation of Langston Hughes’ celebrated play of the same name.
“We all wake up every day with big smiles, big energy but most of us have real situations on our minds. Disappointments, issues, conflicts, and insecurities,” said the singer/actor. “There is so much stuff that gets exposed in this movie, I think it is going to force a lot of people and families to have those conversations they have been running away from because you can only be so busy before stuff catches up to you.”
Gibson said he was “honored to get the phone call to be a part of the movie because the ‘Nativity’ has a different heartbeat.”
The holiday musical follows a street-wise teen boy (Jacob Latimore) as he journeys to New York City to spend the Christmas holiday with estranged relatives. He embarks on a surprising and inspirational journey and along with new friends, and a little divine intervention, discovers the true meaning of faith, healing, and family.
When asked if he would really buy the tickets the actor said, “I think I will. I just thought about it right now.”
“Black Nativity,” directed by Kasi Lemmons, hits theaters November 27.
Watch the full interview with Tyrese:
Watch the official trailer for “Black Nativity” below.
Will Tyrese buy the tickets? Scroll down to the comment section and tell us what you think.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here