*A grand jury investigating the 2012 rape of a 16-year-old girl in Steubenville, Ohio, has indicted four more people in the case, including the school superintendent, two other educators and an assistant football coach, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said Monday.
This brings to six the number of people the grand jury has indicted after two students were convicted in March of rape, DeWine said, according to CNN.
Superintendent Michael McVey was the only one of the four to be charged Monday with felonies: a count of tampering with evidence and two counts of obstructing justice. He also is charged with two misdemeanors: making a false statement and obstructing official business.
A school teacher and an elementary school principal were charged with failure to report child abuse or neglect. A volunteer assistant Steubenville football coach, Matt Belardine, was charged with four misdemeanors: allowing underage drinking; obstructing official business; making a false statement; and contributing to the unruliness or delinquency of a child.
In March, Steubenville High School football players Ma’lik Richmond and Trenton Mays were convicted of the rape, which authorities said took place at a party in August 2012. Photos and videos of the incident made their way onto social media and attracted national attention.
A grand jury then began probing whether others should be charged. In October, it indicted William Rhinaman, 53, the director of technology for Steubenville City Schools, on charges of tampering with evidence, obstruction of justice, obstructing official business and perjury.
Richmond was sentenced to a minimum of one year in a juvenile correctional facility. Mays got two years.
If convicted, Rhinaman could be sentenced to four years in prison, which is longer than the two teens convicted of rape will serve.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here