*The thriller “The Boy Next Door” has added “CSI: NY” actor Hill Harper in a supporting role, according to “The Hollywood Reporter.”
The film stars Jennifer Lopez as a newly separated mother who finds herself attracted to the teenage boy who moves in next door and befriends her son. But when she wants to stop their illicit romance, he’s not ready to let her go.
Ryan Guzman will play the boy next door. Kristin Chenoweth will play Lopez’s best friend, and John Corbett will play her ex-husband.
Harper will play a principal at Guzman’s character’s school, sources tell THR.
Rob Cohen will direct the microbudget thriller, and Benny Medina is serving as one of the producers. The film is currently in production.
Harper is best known for his role as Dr. Sheldon Hawkes on CSI: NY. He currently stars on USA’s “Covert Affairs” as CIA station chief Calder Michaels. He’s also written several books, including four New York Times best-sellers: Letters to a Young Brother, Letters to a Young Sister, The Conversation and The Wealth Cure.
Harper’s latest book, Letters to an Incarcerated Brother, was released in November.
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Mexico Won’t Send Contestant to Miss Universe Due to Donald Trump
- Misty Copeland Named 1st Black Female Principal Dancer at American Ballet Theatre
- Macon, GA Walmart Trashed by 40-50 Teens; 17-year-old Kharron Green Arrested
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here