*According to reports, earlier today, actor Idris Elba has been hospitalized in the UK after suffering an asthma attack on a plane ready to take off for South Africa.
The incident happened as the star of the forthcoming biopic, “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom,” was leaving to attend a press conference for the film in Johannesburg.
According to a Sky News report, Elba became ill on the plane before it left the UK and was transported to hospital, but it’s hoped he will have recovered in time for the film’s premiere on Sunday.
Additionally, it’s being reported that Elba, who’s also a highly sought after DJ, was supposed to spin records at a gig in Soweto as well, but depending on his health, he may have to cancel.
In “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom,” which opens in the U.S. November 29, besides Elba as Nelson Mandela, “Skyfall” actress Naomie Harris plays Winnie Mandela.
Teddy Riley, the famed New Jack Swing producer, is suing Lady Gaga because hue claims she hasn’t paid him for contribution for the song, “Teeth.”
According to the lawsuit, Riley produced the hit song back in 2009. He claims he was promised 25% of the writing fees but got zilch.
The song was featured on the album, “The Fame Monster” the same year — it’s Gaga’s breakout work that turned her into a global star … and Riley wants his money.
According to a TMZ report, he’s suing for $500,000 and punitive damages.
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here