*Idris Elba, currently generating awards buzz with his starring turn in “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom,” is set to star in “Bastille Day,” from Vendome and Anonymous Content, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The story follows a young American artist living in Paris and a washed-up CIA agent who are thrown together and tasked with diverting an imminent attack on the city.
The project is not Elba’s next movie as it’s still in development. “Bastille” currently has no director, although Pierre Morel and Baran bo Odar were previously attached.
Elba, who just received the BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Humanitarian Award this past weekend, recently wrapped “The Gunman,” the Sean Penn action vehicle being produced by Silver Pictures.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- If You're the Mother of a Teen Girl, You'll Want to Know About This
- Michael Jace Told Wife Before Shooting Her, ‘If You Like Running, Then Run To Heaven’, Son Testifies
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Prince Sax Player Joins FAMU Wind Symphony for Beautiful 'Purple Rain' Performance (Watch)
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here