*Idris Elba, currently generating awards buzz with his starring turn in “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom,” is set to star in “Bastille Day,” from Vendome and Anonymous Content, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The story follows a young American artist living in Paris and a washed-up CIA agent who are thrown together and tasked with diverting an imminent attack on the city.
The project is not Elba’s next movie as it’s still in development. “Bastille” currently has no director, although Pierre Morel and Baran bo Odar were previously attached.
Elba, who just received the BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Humanitarian Award this past weekend, recently wrapped “The Gunman,” the Sean Penn action vehicle being produced by Silver Pictures.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toronto Raptors Milk ‘Hotline Bling’ During Drake Night (Video)
- Corey Morgan Charged in Brutal Killing of 9-Year-Old Tyshawn Lee
- Black Friday Fights 2015 - The Best Of...So Far (Watch)
- Traci Braxton on 'The Real' to Deny Beef with Tamar (WATCH)
- Romeo Miller Responds to Mother Suing Him with Emotional Letter
- Miss Robbie Talks Vegan Soul Food, Family Legacy and Being the Best [EUR Exclusive]
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- PETA Offers $5K for Info On Puppies Found in Sealed Aquarium in the Woods
- Patti LaBelle Has More for Walmart; Steph Curry Buys a Mansion
- Laquan McDonald Killing Prompts Protesters to Target Black Friday Shopping Areas
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here