*Idris Elba, currently generating awards buzz with his starring turn in “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom,” is set to star in “Bastille Day,” from Vendome and Anonymous Content, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The story follows a young American artist living in Paris and a washed-up CIA agent who are thrown together and tasked with diverting an imminent attack on the city.
The project is not Elba’s next movie as it’s still in development. “Bastille” currently has no director, although Pierre Morel and Baran bo Odar were previously attached.
Elba, who just received the BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Humanitarian Award this past weekend, recently wrapped “The Gunman,” the Sean Penn action vehicle being produced by Silver Pictures.
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here