*Idris Elba, currently generating awards buzz with his starring turn in “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom,” is set to star in “Bastille Day,” from Vendome and Anonymous Content, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The story follows a young American artist living in Paris and a washed-up CIA agent who are thrown together and tasked with diverting an imminent attack on the city.
The project is not Elba’s next movie as it’s still in development. “Bastille” currently has no director, although Pierre Morel and Baran bo Odar were previously attached.
Elba, who just received the BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Humanitarian Award this past weekend, recently wrapped “The Gunman,” the Sean Penn action vehicle being produced by Silver Pictures.
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here