*Idris Elba, currently generating awards buzz with his starring turn in “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom,” is set to star in “Bastille Day,” from Vendome and Anonymous Content, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The story follows a young American artist living in Paris and a washed-up CIA agent who are thrown together and tasked with diverting an imminent attack on the city.
The project is not Elba’s next movie as it’s still in development. “Bastille” currently has no director, although Pierre Morel and Baran bo Odar were previously attached.
Elba, who just received the BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Humanitarian Award this past weekend, recently wrapped “The Gunman,” the Sean Penn action vehicle being produced by Silver Pictures.
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here