*Damn, this is heartbreaking, especially for us ladies. Allen Iverson is too fine to be broke AND retired, but its official.
We know, we know. You’re talking to the screen saying, “But he hasn’t played in the NBA with the Philadelphia 76ers for four years” blah, blah, blah. And he did give us a heads up a few days ago. But still, when LeBron James and others of his ilk call you “the best pound-for-pound NBA player,” how are you going to just…walk away.
Oh hell. Give us girls a minute cause we ain’t happy about this.
OK (insert collective sigh here), we’ll be alright. According to The Inquisitr, the 11-time All-Star and seven-time All-NBA selection, whose estimated wealth at one point hovered around the $200 million mark, is reportedly leaving his beloved sport relatively broke.
Beleagured by child support issues, divorce settlement entanglements, debts to jewelers and attorneys, alleged gambling, alcohol addictions, and property foreclosures, the 38-year-old ex-shooting guard has reportedly squandered the millions he made during a career that spans nearly two decades.
Well, nobody said he was smart.
You may recall Iverson almost went to jail earlier this year when he reportedly didn’t have the money to pay the court mandated $8K in child support to ex-wife Tawanna, for their five children.
Now, Iverson’s worth is said to be less than $1 million.
At a press conference on Wednesday, Iverson credited former 76ers coach Larry Brown and his former Georgetown University coach John Thompson, both at the ceremony, for turning him into a man. He also gave props to the legendary Michael Jordan for being an inspiration saying,
“I have to thank Michael Jordan for giving me the vision. Without that vision, it just wouldn’t have been possible. He made me want to play basketball,” adding, “He basically showed me the way and gave me that path.”
We’re going to miss you, A.I. We wish you (and your five kids) the best!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here