*Oscar award winning actor Jamie Foxx will be taking on what could be the most challenging role of his career, Martin Luther King Jr.
Controversial director Oliver Stone will direct the upcoming MLK Jr. biopic, currently untitled, that he confirmed will be released by both Dreamworks and Warner Bros Pictures.
We last witnessed a film collaboration from Foxx and Stone back in 1999 for the NFL drama “Any Given Sunday.”
Steven Spielberg will produce the film and it will be executive produced by King’s family who’ve given their blessings on the film production.
Meanwhile, there are three major King films in development including this one. “Captain Phillips” director Paul Greengrass is working on “Memphis,” which will highlight the end of King’s life. The other film, “Selma,” has been in development for a long time but up-and-coming black filmmaker Ava DuVerynay will be taking over the production from Lee Daniels. In “Selma,” David Oyelowo, who played Forest Whitaker’s son in “The Butler,” will portray King.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Black Pastors Dispute Donald Trump’s Endorsement Claim for Meeting
- How the #BLM Movement Stays Alive & Effective Outside Spotlight
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here