*Oscar award winning actor Jamie Foxx will be taking on what could be the most challenging role of his career, Martin Luther King Jr.
Controversial director Oliver Stone will direct the upcoming MLK Jr. biopic, currently untitled, that he confirmed will be released by both Dreamworks and Warner Bros Pictures.
We last witnessed a film collaboration from Foxx and Stone back in 1999 for the NFL drama “Any Given Sunday.”
Steven Spielberg will produce the film and it will be executive produced by King’s family who’ve given their blessings on the film production.
Meanwhile, there are three major King films in development including this one. “Captain Phillips” director Paul Greengrass is working on “Memphis,” which will highlight the end of King’s life. The other film, “Selma,” has been in development for a long time but up-and-coming black filmmaker Ava DuVerynay will be taking over the production from Lee Daniels. In “Selma,” David Oyelowo, who played Forest Whitaker’s son in “The Butler,” will portray King.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here