*Oscar award winning actor Jamie Foxx will be taking on what could be the most challenging role of his career, Martin Luther King Jr.
Controversial director Oliver Stone will direct the upcoming MLK Jr. biopic, currently untitled, that he confirmed will be released by both Dreamworks and Warner Bros Pictures.
We last witnessed a film collaboration from Foxx and Stone back in 1999 for the NFL drama “Any Given Sunday.”
Steven Spielberg will produce the film and it will be executive produced by King’s family who’ve given their blessings on the film production.
Meanwhile, there are three major King films in development including this one. “Captain Phillips” director Paul Greengrass is working on “Memphis,” which will highlight the end of King’s life. The other film, “Selma,” has been in development for a long time but up-and-coming black filmmaker Ava DuVerynay will be taking over the production from Lee Daniels. In “Selma,” David Oyelowo, who played Forest Whitaker’s son in “The Butler,” will portray King.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here