*Oscar award winning actor Jamie Foxx will be taking on what could be the most challenging role of his career, Martin Luther King Jr.
Controversial director Oliver Stone will direct the upcoming MLK Jr. biopic, currently untitled, that he confirmed will be released by both Dreamworks and Warner Bros Pictures.
We last witnessed a film collaboration from Foxx and Stone back in 1999 for the NFL drama “Any Given Sunday.”
Steven Spielberg will produce the film and it will be executive produced by King’s family who’ve given their blessings on the film production.
Meanwhile, there are three major King films in development including this one. “Captain Phillips” director Paul Greengrass is working on “Memphis,” which will highlight the end of King’s life. The other film, “Selma,” has been in development for a long time but up-and-coming black filmmaker Ava DuVerynay will be taking over the production from Lee Daniels. In “Selma,” David Oyelowo, who played Forest Whitaker’s son in “The Butler,” will portray King.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here