*Oscar award winning actor Jamie Foxx will be taking on what could be the most challenging role of his career, Martin Luther King Jr.
Controversial director Oliver Stone will direct the upcoming MLK Jr. biopic, currently untitled, that he confirmed will be released by both Dreamworks and Warner Bros Pictures.
We last witnessed a film collaboration from Foxx and Stone back in 1999 for the NFL drama “Any Given Sunday.”
Steven Spielberg will produce the film and it will be executive produced by King’s family who’ve given their blessings on the film production.
Meanwhile, there are three major King films in development including this one. “Captain Phillips” director Paul Greengrass is working on “Memphis,” which will highlight the end of King’s life. The other film, “Selma,” has been in development for a long time but up-and-coming black filmmaker Ava DuVerynay will be taking over the production from Lee Daniels. In “Selma,” David Oyelowo, who played Forest Whitaker’s son in “The Butler,” will portray King.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here