*Congrats to Jennifer Hudson.
The singer/actress just achieved another career milestone.
On Wednesday morning, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for her accomplishments in the music industry.
“We are so happy to honor Jennifer Hudson with a star on the Walk of Fame. She is a great talent and a great addition to our Walk of Fame,” Ana Martinez, Producer of the Walk of Fame ceremonies said in a statement. “Fans from all over the world have been waiting for this special day since we announced Jennifer’s selection for the star,” Martinez added.
The now short haired Hudson unveiled the 2,512th star in the category of Recording at 6262 Hollywood Boulevard.
Legendary music exec Clive Davis also spoke at the ceremony. He spoke about Hudson’s successful rise to the top in the entertainment business over the past 10 years and compared her to two legendary singers.
“I didn’t sign her to a recording contract at the very beginning,” he recalled. “But when I saw her screen test for ‘Dreamgirls,’ I knew that she was truly a unique original artist whose career would be nothing short of spectacular so I did sign her, then … I was stunned by her acting range, she was the real deal … and that voice. I had been privileged over the years to work with two of the greatest voices of all time: Aretha Franklin and Whitney Houston. I never thought I’d hear another voice to compare and yet staring me in the face was a new voice that did compare. It literally sent shivers up my spine.”
Fighting back tears, Hudson later took the stage and thanked God for her success as well as her fans for their support.
“I knew I would get emotional and I’m sure my mom is in heaven like ‘Jenny stop crying’ but now’s the time to cry mama, it is,” she said with a smile, looking up to the sky. “This is an amazing honor as we all know and I did not see this coming. I’m so honored to be here with so many that I love and I feel as though we’re all a family.”
Meanwhile, J-Hud’s movie career is going like gangbusters. She and Terrence Howard headline featured in the Winnie Mandela biopic, “Winnie” which premiered in September, followed by her role in “The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete.” She can be seen next be in the musical, Black Nativity set to hit theaters November 27.
But as far as the star ceremony, she was obviously excited about the honor and shared the moment with her Instagram followers: “Just got my star on the #WalkOfFame!! Such an honor,” read the captioned snap of herself posing with her star and honorary plaque (see it below).
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here