*When we caught up with Jennifer Hudson on Nov. 1, she was already in the holiday spirit.
“For us, today is officially the holiday season, the day after Halloween, so Happy Holidays!” she told reporters during a roundtable for her new film “Black Nativity,” opening Wednesday.
Part of J-Hud’s holiday plans will involve the Julian D. King Gift Foundation, the charity she launched with her sister Julia following the 2008 murders of their mother, Darnell Donnerson; brother Jason and Julia’s son, Julian, for whom the foundation is named.
“We give back to less fortunate kids every holiday and we grant their biggest Christmas wishes,” said Hudson. “So for my son, instead of getting…he gets all year round…it’s about giving. He’s a little elf and he hands out toys to the kids. We involve him in that way to show him that it’s not always about getting, but also blessing other people through your blessings.”
David Otunga Jr., Hudson’s son with Otunga Sr., is pretty much in charge of the household’s holiday decisions, according to the “American Idol” finalist-turned-Oscar winner. And Hudson says the family is planning “to go all out.”
“Black Nativity” opens nationwide on Nov. 27. Watch a trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here