*When we caught up with Jennifer Hudson on Nov. 1, she was already in the holiday spirit.
“For us, today is officially the holiday season, the day after Halloween, so Happy Holidays!” she told reporters during a roundtable for her new film “Black Nativity,” opening Wednesday.
Part of J-Hud’s holiday plans will involve the Julian D. King Gift Foundation, the charity she launched with her sister Julia following the 2008 murders of their mother, Darnell Donnerson; brother Jason and Julia’s son, Julian, for whom the foundation is named.
“We give back to less fortunate kids every holiday and we grant their biggest Christmas wishes,” said Hudson. “So for my son, instead of getting…he gets all year round…it’s about giving. He’s a little elf and he hands out toys to the kids. We involve him in that way to show him that it’s not always about getting, but also blessing other people through your blessings.”
David Otunga Jr., Hudson’s son with Otunga Sr., is pretty much in charge of the household’s holiday decisions, according to the “American Idol” finalist-turned-Oscar winner. And Hudson says the family is planning “to go all out.”
“Black Nativity” opens nationwide on Nov. 27. Watch a trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Daniel Craig In Talks to Join Halle Berry in LA Riots Drama ‘Kings’
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here