*Kanye West is at it again. But we’re used to his antics by now, right?
After a few unexpected technical hiccups it seems his “Yeezus Tour” is back on track; but he made a pitstop before his performance in Philly at Hot 107.9 for an exclusive interview; where he broke down his complicated relationship with President Barack Obama.
When Radio DJs Shamara and Laiya asked Kanye if he could ever sit down and eat dinner with the president if given the opportunity, of course we didn’t expect a simple “yes” or “no” answer from the “Black Skinhead” rapper. And true to form, he didn’t give one. Instead he said…
“Oh, you talking about how he use to come and visit me and my mama and tell me he’s about to run for president? I just think that we’re pop icons, and the president likes to use that type of thing just to be down. People was fine with me being everyone’s punching bag for about five years. “This is the person we love to hate, so if you want to distract people from everything that’s going on […] just say you hate Kanye and there’s going [to] be 30 other people who say they hate Kanye.” That was kind of my position in culture and he kind of used that too. “Oh, he’s a jackass,” because that’s how the world felt.
I don’t care if someone’s the president or not. I care about thoughts and how you helping people and what you bring to the world. My music brings joy to people. What I create brings joy to people. Me, I’m not about me. I’m about I’ve got an idea that people are going to like. Don’t you get frustrated around Christmas time dealing with clothing? Don’t you get frustrated with so many things? That’s Steve Jobs made things easier for people in life.”
If you can make sense of it, inbox us OK?
In the meantime, check out the full interview:
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here