*Kanye West is at it again. But we’re used to his antics by now, right?
After a few unexpected technical hiccups it seems his “Yeezus Tour” is back on track; but he made a pitstop before his performance in Philly at Hot 107.9 for an exclusive interview; where he broke down his complicated relationship with President Barack Obama.
When Radio DJs Shamara and Laiya asked Kanye if he could ever sit down and eat dinner with the president if given the opportunity, of course we didn’t expect a simple “yes” or “no” answer from the “Black Skinhead” rapper. And true to form, he didn’t give one. Instead he said…
“Oh, you talking about how he use to come and visit me and my mama and tell me he’s about to run for president? I just think that we’re pop icons, and the president likes to use that type of thing just to be down. People was fine with me being everyone’s punching bag for about five years. “This is the person we love to hate, so if you want to distract people from everything that’s going on […] just say you hate Kanye and there’s going [to] be 30 other people who say they hate Kanye.” That was kind of my position in culture and he kind of used that too. “Oh, he’s a jackass,” because that’s how the world felt.
I don’t care if someone’s the president or not. I care about thoughts and how you helping people and what you bring to the world. My music brings joy to people. What I create brings joy to people. Me, I’m not about me. I’m about I’ve got an idea that people are going to like. Don’t you get frustrated around Christmas time dealing with clothing? Don’t you get frustrated with so many things? That’s Steve Jobs made things easier for people in life.”
If you can make sense of it, inbox us OK?
In the meantime, check out the full interview:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here