*Kanye West is at it again. But we’re used to his antics by now, right?
After a few unexpected technical hiccups it seems his “Yeezus Tour” is back on track; but he made a pitstop before his performance in Philly at Hot 107.9 for an exclusive interview; where he broke down his complicated relationship with President Barack Obama.
When Radio DJs Shamara and Laiya asked Kanye if he could ever sit down and eat dinner with the president if given the opportunity, of course we didn’t expect a simple “yes” or “no” answer from the “Black Skinhead” rapper. And true to form, he didn’t give one. Instead he said…
“Oh, you talking about how he use to come and visit me and my mama and tell me he’s about to run for president? I just think that we’re pop icons, and the president likes to use that type of thing just to be down. People was fine with me being everyone’s punching bag for about five years. “This is the person we love to hate, so if you want to distract people from everything that’s going on […] just say you hate Kanye and there’s going [to] be 30 other people who say they hate Kanye.” That was kind of my position in culture and he kind of used that too. “Oh, he’s a jackass,” because that’s how the world felt.
I don’t care if someone’s the president or not. I care about thoughts and how you helping people and what you bring to the world. My music brings joy to people. What I create brings joy to people. Me, I’m not about me. I’m about I’ve got an idea that people are going to like. Don’t you get frustrated around Christmas time dealing with clothing? Don’t you get frustrated with so many things? That’s Steve Jobs made things easier for people in life.”
If you can make sense of it, inbox us OK?
In the meantime, check out the full interview:
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here