*Queen Latifah‘s Flavor Unit shingle is releasing “Brotherly Love,” a drama set in the City of Brotherly Love, according to Deadline.com.
In West Philadelphia, born-and-raised basketball star Sergio Taylor (Eric D. Hill Jr.) deals with the early pressures of fame. Alongside older brother June (Cory Hardrict), who lost his own hoop dreams to the streets to provide for the family after their father’s death, and sister Jackie (“CrazySexyCool‘s” Keke Palmer), whose own musical ambitions are sidetracked by love, Sergio faces life-altering decisions on the streets of Philly known as “The Top” and “The Bottom.”
The film, written and directed by Jamal Hill, is set against the backdrop of Philly’s famed Overbrook High School, whose real-life alumni include Will Smith and Wilt Chamberlain.
Flavor Unit Entertainment, Jacavi Films, and Electric Republic are producing with Queen Latifah, Shakim Compere, Shelby Stone, Yaneley Arty, Jacob York, and Rene Garcia aboard as exec producers.
Romeo Miller, Logan Browning, Eric Hill, Quincy Brown, Faizon Love, Macy Gray, and Malik Yoba also star.
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here