*Queen Latifah‘s Flavor Unit shingle is releasing “Brotherly Love,” a drama set in the City of Brotherly Love, according to Deadline.com.
In West Philadelphia, born-and-raised basketball star Sergio Taylor (Eric D. Hill Jr.) deals with the early pressures of fame. Alongside older brother June (Cory Hardrict), who lost his own hoop dreams to the streets to provide for the family after their father’s death, and sister Jackie (“CrazySexyCool‘s” Keke Palmer), whose own musical ambitions are sidetracked by love, Sergio faces life-altering decisions on the streets of Philly known as “The Top” and “The Bottom.”
The film, written and directed by Jamal Hill, is set against the backdrop of Philly’s famed Overbrook High School, whose real-life alumni include Will Smith and Wilt Chamberlain.
Flavor Unit Entertainment, Jacavi Films, and Electric Republic are producing with Queen Latifah, Shakim Compere, Shelby Stone, Yaneley Arty, Jacob York, and Rene Garcia aboard as exec producers.
Romeo Miller, Logan Browning, Eric Hill, Quincy Brown, Faizon Love, Macy Gray, and Malik Yoba also star.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Whitney Houston Doc From Kevin Macdonald Gets Estate’s Blessing
- National Enquirer Claims Prince Had AIDS and Was ‘Preparing to Die’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here