*Queen Latifah‘s Flavor Unit shingle is releasing “Brotherly Love,” a drama set in the City of Brotherly Love, according to Deadline.com.
In West Philadelphia, born-and-raised basketball star Sergio Taylor (Eric D. Hill Jr.) deals with the early pressures of fame. Alongside older brother June (Cory Hardrict), who lost his own hoop dreams to the streets to provide for the family after their father’s death, and sister Jackie (“CrazySexyCool‘s” Keke Palmer), whose own musical ambitions are sidetracked by love, Sergio faces life-altering decisions on the streets of Philly known as “The Top” and “The Bottom.”
The film, written and directed by Jamal Hill, is set against the backdrop of Philly’s famed Overbrook High School, whose real-life alumni include Will Smith and Wilt Chamberlain.
Flavor Unit Entertainment, Jacavi Films, and Electric Republic are producing with Queen Latifah, Shakim Compere, Shelby Stone, Yaneley Arty, Jacob York, and Rene Garcia aboard as exec producers.
Romeo Miller, Logan Browning, Eric Hill, Quincy Brown, Faizon Love, Macy Gray, and Malik Yoba also star.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- New California Law Requires 'Perceived Ethnicity' Documentation by Police
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson's Explosive Expose on How the NRA Terrorizes Congress
- The Film Strip: Hugh Jackman and Garrett Hedlund in 'PAN' playland
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here