*Queen Latifah‘s Flavor Unit shingle is releasing “Brotherly Love,” a drama set in the City of Brotherly Love, according to Deadline.com.
In West Philadelphia, born-and-raised basketball star Sergio Taylor (Eric D. Hill Jr.) deals with the early pressures of fame. Alongside older brother June (Cory Hardrict), who lost his own hoop dreams to the streets to provide for the family after their father’s death, and sister Jackie (“CrazySexyCool‘s” Keke Palmer), whose own musical ambitions are sidetracked by love, Sergio faces life-altering decisions on the streets of Philly known as “The Top” and “The Bottom.”
The film, written and directed by Jamal Hill, is set against the backdrop of Philly’s famed Overbrook High School, whose real-life alumni include Will Smith and Wilt Chamberlain.
Flavor Unit Entertainment, Jacavi Films, and Electric Republic are producing with Queen Latifah, Shakim Compere, Shelby Stone, Yaneley Arty, Jacob York, and Rene Garcia aboard as exec producers.
Romeo Miller, Logan Browning, Eric Hill, Quincy Brown, Faizon Love, Macy Gray, and Malik Yoba also star.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here