Thus far, this year has created many moments worthy of conversation and exploration, many of which our men have spoken on privately during the ICON MANN POWER 50 Oscar and Emmy invite-only dinners.
Others, such as the Trayvon Martin verdict, delivered during the Summer Conversation, that we in support of fellow ICON MANN Omari Hardwick (Beign Mary Jane) filmed, ’Little Black Boy Wonder,’ in an effort to give proper voice to the complexity of emotions Black Men had on announcement of the verdict.
Now filmmaker and thought provocateur STEVE MCQUEEN has inspired a new ICON MANN Conversation with his film 12 YEARS A SLAVE.
Actors ANDRE ROYO and LAZ ALONSO go ON THE RECORD too address the impact this film has on them as Black Men, professionals, fathers and sons of today.
“We’ve gotten higher but I don’t know if that has made us better. I think we realize now that money, or things haven’t made us better as a person, it’s just made us louder, says Royo.” [2:42] video, “ON THE RECORD w. ANDRE ROYO and LAZ ALONSO| An ICON MANN Conversation Inspired by 12 Years A Slave.”
Tamara N. Houston
311 North Robertson Blvd, 411
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here