Many Faces, One Dream
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is stepping outside the box by proudly partnering with The National Black Justice Coalition, the nation’s leading Black lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) civil rights organization, to launch an LGBT economic empowerment tour for communities of color entitled Many Faces, One Dream. The goal for this tour is to focus on the communities’ economic power, innovation and creativity in the small business sphere.
“During the Many Faces One Dream tour, you can expect to learn vital tools necessary to build a rock solid foundation in starting a business that was built to last for generations to come,” said Mark D. Gibson, Many Faces One Dream Tour Director of Communications of SBA.
The tour is occurring in 13 major cities throughout the country that have a significant LGBT presence in communities of color, including Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Ft. Lauderdale/Miami, Houston, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York City, Newark, Oakland/San Francisco, Philadelphia and Washington, DC.
New York City convening Harlem Pride, Global Network of Black Pride and LGBT Faith Leaders of African Descent are proud to host the 2-day conference being held November 20-21, 2013 at the Marriot Hotel at 333 Adams St, Brooklyn, NY 11201. To register, go to www.ManyFacesOneDream.us
The advantages of attending Many Faces, One Dream are that you will be able to take in and study the different perspectives of running a business. One day, you will learn about what it is like being a self-entrepreneur. The second day, you will learn about building and running a small business. A single day of teaching can lead to a lifetime of unforgotten lessons.
“The LGBT community represents a new frontier in terms of their need for economic equality and diversity inclusion into American society. This group has been underrepresented and underestimated. The main objective of the Many Faces One Dream Tour seeks to bring focus on the LGBT economic power, innovation and creativity in the small business community, said Mr. Eugene Cornelius, Jr, U.S. Small Business Administration, Deputy Associate Administrator, Office of Field Operations.
SBA has been looked at as the godfather of business. Other entrepreneurs that created small turned big businesses like Apple, Twitter and Saturn came from the guidance and teachings of the people working at SBA.
Come to the conference with your ideas goals and willingness to learn and a winning spirit. The SBA loan guarantee program makes capital accessible to small business. Loans can range from a minimum of $500 to $5 million. Never allow your credit rating to hold you back from realizing your dream. SBA advisers provide you with the tools to make you financially attractive to lending institutions.
The highlights of the tour will include:
- Training Forum (two tracks)
- The Basics: Starting Your Business
- Growth and Sustainability: Taking Your Business to the Next Level
- Learning From Experts: Diversity and Inclusion Luncheon
- One-on-One Counseling
- Seminars on financial literacy, job creation and diverse business certification
- Learning from the Experts: Orienting Your Business Compass Luncheon
- Small Business Marketplace
- Networking Reception
Let’s share and spread the word!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here