Are the women of R&B Diva‘s still talking about crap like, “You’d better keep my name out cho’ mouth?”
But yes they are. Lil Mo, who wants folks to know that she’s not the mean girl who just pops off at the mouth on the L.A. series, recently clarified something with Sister2Sister about her relationship–or lack thereof– with diva Nicci Gilbert.
“I’ve seen Nicci Gilbert twice in my life…I don’t know her…I just don’t do and say whatever. Chances are if I’mma say something it’s because I was asked or provoked,” she explains; claiming she will never bring up the names of any of the other divas. But don’t get it twisted, girlfriend will defend herself when necessary.
“When she tried to put my integrity in question, that’s a discussion. We gonna have to sit down and talk about it. Don’t mention my name,” said Mo who questioned how professional it is for a TV exec to talk about a show’s stars.
“What kind of executive does that?” she said. “All the years that I’ve been in this industry, I’ve never seen no executive talk about any of their staff in an interview…Unacceptable.”
The reality show, which has now turned into a successful franchise, boasts segments in Altanta (where Nicci Gilbert is a cast member) as well as L.A., where Lil Mo does her thang.
And the franchise intermingling has resulted in an “R&B Divas” tour that includes Kelly Price, Nicci Gilbert, Dawn Robinson, KeKe Wyatt and other “Divas.”
Lil Mo doesn’t appear to care that she wasn’t invited to the party.
“I didn’t care. I was just like ‘good luck.’ Trust me, my show is freaking crazy. My live show with my live band is intimidating, and that’s not even being conceited or arrogant or boastful,” she said. “I like KeKe [Wyatt]; I know she’s gonna kill it. I would hope that maybe she’s the co-headliner because between her and Faith [Evans], I think that was a real good call. I don’t know what anybody else is going to sing, and I really don’t care.”
Listen to Lil Mo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here