*Lance Sullivan is still a star football player in director Malcolm Lee’s “The Best Man Holiday” — which is good for the character, but a little tricky for the actor playing him.
“It was really challenging for me physically to have to be in great shape,” said Morris Chestnut during interviews for the film last weekend. “And Malcolm said they wanted me to take my shirt off, and there were a couple of other explicit scenes that we didn’t get to shoot, so it was tough for me emotionally and physically because I really couldn’t eat. I lost a lot of weight for that movie just because I had to portray a football player that was still in shape.”
Chestnut says the film shoot was also tough because of what his character and co-star Monica Calhoun go through during the course of the story.
Below, the 44-year-old star, who sat down with us alongside Calhoun, talks about the on-set frustration of having to film such emotional scenes.
“The Best Man Holiday” opens Nov. 15. Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here