*Lance Sullivan is still a star football player in director Malcolm Lee’s “The Best Man Holiday” — which is good for the character, but a little tricky for the actor playing him.
“It was really challenging for me physically to have to be in great shape,” said Morris Chestnut during interviews for the film last weekend. “And Malcolm said they wanted me to take my shirt off, and there were a couple of other explicit scenes that we didn’t get to shoot, so it was tough for me emotionally and physically because I really couldn’t eat. I lost a lot of weight for that movie just because I had to portray a football player that was still in shape.”
Chestnut says the film shoot was also tough because of what his character and co-star Monica Calhoun go through during the course of the story.
Below, the 44-year-old star, who sat down with us alongside Calhoun, talks about the on-set frustration of having to film such emotional scenes.
“The Best Man Holiday” opens Nov. 15. Watch the trailer below.
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here