*Lance Sullivan is still a star football player in director Malcolm Lee’s “The Best Man Holiday” — which is good for the character, but a little tricky for the actor playing him.
“It was really challenging for me physically to have to be in great shape,” said Morris Chestnut during interviews for the film last weekend. “And Malcolm said they wanted me to take my shirt off, and there were a couple of other explicit scenes that we didn’t get to shoot, so it was tough for me emotionally and physically because I really couldn’t eat. I lost a lot of weight for that movie just because I had to portray a football player that was still in shape.”
Chestnut says the film shoot was also tough because of what his character and co-star Monica Calhoun go through during the course of the story.
Below, the 44-year-old star, who sat down with us alongside Calhoun, talks about the on-set frustration of having to film such emotional scenes.
“The Best Man Holiday” opens Nov. 15. Watch the trailer below.
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here