*Three cheers! Hip, hip, hooray!
Our man, talented actor (and gorgeous hunk) Morris Chestnut, has yet another reason to celebrate (besides the fact that his movie, “The Best Man Holiday” opens today!) The American Black Film Festival (ABFF) has just appointed him as their 2014 Celebrity Ambassador.
“It’s an honor and privilege to be the ambassador of the ABFF, taking place this year in New York—a city that has inspired and cultivated so much great talent in all areas of film,” says Chestnut.
Author/producer Tonya Lewis Lee will serve as host committee chair. Lee, whose most recent work is “The Watsons Go To Birmingham,” is wife to Spike Lee.
Jeff Friday started the ABFF festival in 1997. It is a four-day event focused on showcasing quality cinema by and about people of African descent, and promotes diversity in the film and television industries.
“Morris Chestnut is a beloved and charismatic actor, ” says Friday. “The role of the ABFF ambassador is to broaden public awareness of the festival as well as its mission, and you are about to see Morris everywhere with this weeks release of The Best Man Holiday—a must see! I deeply appreciate both Morris and Tonya’s commitment to advance opportunities for Black artists in our industry.“
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here