*Three cheers! Hip, hip, hooray!
Our man, talented actor (and gorgeous hunk) Morris Chestnut, has yet another reason to celebrate (besides the fact that his movie, “The Best Man Holiday” opens today!) The American Black Film Festival (ABFF) has just appointed him as their 2014 Celebrity Ambassador.
“It’s an honor and privilege to be the ambassador of the ABFF, taking place this year in New York—a city that has inspired and cultivated so much great talent in all areas of film,” says Chestnut.
Author/producer Tonya Lewis Lee will serve as host committee chair. Lee, whose most recent work is “The Watsons Go To Birmingham,” is wife to Spike Lee.
Jeff Friday started the ABFF festival in 1997. It is a four-day event focused on showcasing quality cinema by and about people of African descent, and promotes diversity in the film and television industries.
“Morris Chestnut is a beloved and charismatic actor, ” says Friday. “The role of the ABFF ambassador is to broaden public awareness of the festival as well as its mission, and you are about to see Morris everywhere with this weeks release of The Best Man Holiday—a must see! I deeply appreciate both Morris and Tonya’s commitment to advance opportunities for Black artists in our industry.“
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here