*When The Breakfast Club asked “Best Man Holiday” star Nia Long how she feels about being called “Vintage Vagina,” her response was hilarious.
“Did you say VINTAGE VAGINA? I don’t want anybody labeling my vagina. Do women call you ‘vintage penis?’ I don’t want anything to do with vintage penis,” she retorts.
Long has been in this Hollyweird game for a “long” time, and to hear some of her responses to how it is run, you can tell she is smart, opinionated, and not to be played with. For example, Long tells why she won’t do a love scene with just anybody.
“There was a guy that they wanted him in a film I was going to do. And I was like, absolutely not. I said, I’m Nia Long bioootch. It was his music and I didn’t feel he was worthy of being in a love scene with me. I was like, No. It was full on, full on love scene. And I was like, “No thank you.”
And as far as interracial dating, Nia says, “You gotta mix it up. My man is mixed and its great. It’s like the best of both worlds.”
She also talks about the status of blacks in Hollywood, and her feelings on reality stars trying to take on real acting jobs.
On the status of black actors in Hollywood
“It’s cyclical. I feel like there’s times when the black romantic comedy is the thing. And Kerry Washington‘s doing an amazing job with Scandal so now you’ll see a lot more black women on television. It is difficult, but it’s difficult for everyone because it’s a business and it’s run and motivated by money. So whatever is selling is what they’re going to make. So hopefully everyone comes out and supports the film because then we’ll be able to make more romantic comedies.”
On reality tv stars trying to take actual acting jobs
“They’re not actors. They’re trying to make them into actors. And they’re making money and they don’t have to pay them a lot. Which makes it hard for the actors that do get paid to ACT. Yeah, I’m not a fan. I think we’re portrayed in a negative way on most of these shows. I know me and my friends, we want to see stuff that’s smarter and more intelligent.
I don’t take it personal because I’ve been in the game long enough to understand it is driven by money and I know stunt casting is there because Maybe they’re not secure with the story or secure with the director…”
It’s a fascinating interview.
Check it out in its entirety below and learn how she feels about a “Love Jones” sequel in the process.
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Season 3 to Feature Loretta Devine and Jill Scott (WATCH)
- Teen About to Start College, Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie (Watch)
- Serena Highlighted with Inspirational Commercial and Mural (WATCH)
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here