*O.J. Simpson will face at least four more years in prison after he was denied a new trial, The Associated Press reports.
Juice is doing time in a Las Vegas prison stemming from his 2008 armed robbery and kidnapping conviction. At the time, he was sentenced to nine to 33 years, but has since been granted parole on some of the charges.
Simpson’s defense team argued that the former NFL running back didn’t get a fair trial due to his lawyers’ inadequate representation. Simpson’s team plans to appeal the denied bid for a new trial to the Nevada Supreme Court.
“We’re confident that when we get to the right court we’ll get relief because he deserves relief, because he didn’t get a fair trial,” Simpson’s lawyer Patricia Palm told The Associated Press.
Yale Galanter, Simpson’s attorney from the original case, told The AP he was happy about the ruling.
“As O.J.’s lawyer and confidante, it was gut-wrenching for me to have to be in a position to defend my strategy and efforts on his behalf as his lawyer and testify against my client,” Galanter said. “If I did what their legal team says I did, the first thing O.J. should have said to me was, ‘Hey I’m in jail and it’s because of you. Go screw yourself.'”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here