*O.J. Simpson will face at least four more years in prison after he was denied a new trial, The Associated Press reports.
Juice is doing time in a Las Vegas prison stemming from his 2008 armed robbery and kidnapping conviction. At the time, he was sentenced to nine to 33 years, but has since been granted parole on some of the charges.
Simpson’s defense team argued that the former NFL running back didn’t get a fair trial due to his lawyers’ inadequate representation. Simpson’s team plans to appeal the denied bid for a new trial to the Nevada Supreme Court.
“We’re confident that when we get to the right court we’ll get relief because he deserves relief, because he didn’t get a fair trial,” Simpson’s lawyer Patricia Palm told The Associated Press.
Yale Galanter, Simpson’s attorney from the original case, told The AP he was happy about the ruling.
“As O.J.’s lawyer and confidante, it was gut-wrenching for me to have to be in a position to defend my strategy and efforts on his behalf as his lawyer and testify against my client,” Galanter said. “If I did what their legal team says I did, the first thing O.J. should have said to me was, ‘Hey I’m in jail and it’s because of you. Go screw yourself.'”
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here