*Though you may be just as confused about the resemblance as we are, this hold-on-to-your-gun advocate claims he and Rosa Parks fought the same fight.
Bear with us here, its news and we’re just reporting, OK?
“Heavily armed with whatever media bully pulpit I can muster, I exercise my First Amendment rights like my hero Rosa Parks who refused to sit at the back of the bus when that numb-nut law existed. I’m Rosa Parks with a Gibson,” Ted Nugent declared in a column on the website WND.
Oh, that explains it, right?
This is the second time this year that Nugent has made such a comparison. Apparently, he really believes it.
Although he has been known to use offensive racial rhetoric in the past, Nugent has repeatedly argued that gun owners are as righteous in their cause as the forces that fought institutionalized bigotry through non-violence.
This past January, in an interview with WorldNetDaily this confused soul, er, excuse us, gun-toting-advocate, said:
“There will come a time when the gun owners of America, the law-abiding gun owners of America, will be the Rosa Parks and we will sit down on the front seat of the bus, case closed.”
Sidebar: What he may be thinking but not saying, “And have closer aim to shoot everyone who doesn’t look like us.”
In just the past year alone, Nugent has claimed that African-Americans have a “mindless tendency to violence,” that Trayvon Martin “got justice,” and that President Obama “isn’t qualified” to drive his tour bus.
How, pray tell, do you think Miss Parks would respond to this.
- Amiri Baraka’s 'Dutchman' Opens July 15 Limited Engagement @ Edgemar Center for Arts
- 50 Cent Celebrates 40th; Diddy Offers Him Lifetime of Ciroc
- Kanye Babysits Kourtney's Kid After Bust-up with Scott Disick
- Cynthia Bailey Responds to NeNe Leaving RHOA
- Maybe We Can't Solve World Hunger...But We Can Put a Serious Dent in It By Doing This!
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here