*Though you may be just as confused about the resemblance as we are, this hold-on-to-your-gun advocate claims he and Rosa Parks fought the same fight.
Bear with us here, its news and we’re just reporting, OK?
“Heavily armed with whatever media bully pulpit I can muster, I exercise my First Amendment rights like my hero Rosa Parks who refused to sit at the back of the bus when that numb-nut law existed. I’m Rosa Parks with a Gibson,” Ted Nugent declared in a column on the website WND.
Oh, that explains it, right?
This is the second time this year that Nugent has made such a comparison. Apparently, he really believes it.
Although he has been known to use offensive racial rhetoric in the past, Nugent has repeatedly argued that gun owners are as righteous in their cause as the forces that fought institutionalized bigotry through non-violence.
This past January, in an interview with WorldNetDaily this confused soul, er, excuse us, gun-toting-advocate, said:
“There will come a time when the gun owners of America, the law-abiding gun owners of America, will be the Rosa Parks and we will sit down on the front seat of the bus, case closed.”
Sidebar: What he may be thinking but not saying, “And have closer aim to shoot everyone who doesn’t look like us.”
In just the past year alone, Nugent has claimed that African-Americans have a “mindless tendency to violence,” that Trayvon Martin “got justice,” and that President Obama “isn’t qualified” to drive his tour bus.
How, pray tell, do you think Miss Parks would respond to this.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here