*Though you may be just as confused about the resemblance as we are, this hold-on-to-your-gun advocate claims he and Rosa Parks fought the same fight.
Bear with us here, its news and we’re just reporting, OK?
“Heavily armed with whatever media bully pulpit I can muster, I exercise my First Amendment rights like my hero Rosa Parks who refused to sit at the back of the bus when that numb-nut law existed. I’m Rosa Parks with a Gibson,” Ted Nugent declared in a column on the website WND.
Oh, that explains it, right?
This is the second time this year that Nugent has made such a comparison. Apparently, he really believes it.
Although he has been known to use offensive racial rhetoric in the past, Nugent has repeatedly argued that gun owners are as righteous in their cause as the forces that fought institutionalized bigotry through non-violence.
This past January, in an interview with WorldNetDaily this confused soul, er, excuse us, gun-toting-advocate, said:
“There will come a time when the gun owners of America, the law-abiding gun owners of America, will be the Rosa Parks and we will sit down on the front seat of the bus, case closed.”
Sidebar: What he may be thinking but not saying, “And have closer aim to shoot everyone who doesn’t look like us.”
In just the past year alone, Nugent has claimed that African-Americans have a “mindless tendency to violence,” that Trayvon Martin “got justice,” and that President Obama “isn’t qualified” to drive his tour bus.
How, pray tell, do you think Miss Parks would respond to this.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here