*Though you may be just as confused about the resemblance as we are, this hold-on-to-your-gun advocate claims he and Rosa Parks fought the same fight.
Bear with us here, its news and we’re just reporting, OK?
“Heavily armed with whatever media bully pulpit I can muster, I exercise my First Amendment rights like my hero Rosa Parks who refused to sit at the back of the bus when that numb-nut law existed. I’m Rosa Parks with a Gibson,” Ted Nugent declared in a column on the website WND.
Oh, that explains it, right?
This is the second time this year that Nugent has made such a comparison. Apparently, he really believes it.
Although he has been known to use offensive racial rhetoric in the past, Nugent has repeatedly argued that gun owners are as righteous in their cause as the forces that fought institutionalized bigotry through non-violence.
This past January, in an interview with WorldNetDaily this confused soul, er, excuse us, gun-toting-advocate, said:
“There will come a time when the gun owners of America, the law-abiding gun owners of America, will be the Rosa Parks and we will sit down on the front seat of the bus, case closed.”
Sidebar: What he may be thinking but not saying, “And have closer aim to shoot everyone who doesn’t look like us.”
In just the past year alone, Nugent has claimed that African-Americans have a “mindless tendency to violence,” that Trayvon Martin “got justice,” and that President Obama “isn’t qualified” to drive his tour bus.
How, pray tell, do you think Miss Parks would respond to this.
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here