Based on previous TLC interviews and information revealed in the movie, “CrazySexyCool,” Pebbles took home most of the money generated by the groups’ countless hits. She had the girls sign a contract that in essence gave her “ownership in the name TLC along with an alleged grossly unfair percentage in their earnings,” reports Hello Beautiful. Allegedly, TLC wasn’t even provided a copy of their original contract. In the end, they had to pay Pebbles $3 million ($1 million per TLC member) to obtain ownership of the TLC name.
At the time, Left Eye openly complained to the media, often declaring that it didn’t make sense that the group can sell 10 million records and be broke.
But Pebbles still says she is due money … or did she?
In a story circulating the web earlier this week, it claimed that Pebbles was suing Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes‘ estate over unpaid royalties. She says that’s not true.
Pebbles released the following statement on her website:
In Loving Memory of the Late Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes – My heart grieves that her name has been pulled into a situation that she is unable to defend. I ask that we give her soul rest and peace, in regards to this entire situation, I have the deepest respect to her and her family.
The rumor is circulating that I am currently suing the estate Of the late Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes.
THIS IS FALSE
The rumors are fictitious and fallacious.
I want to express my sincere appreciation to you all and solicit your continued prayers.
In the original story, Pebbles was quoted telling VH1, “Just cuz she not here doesn’t mean she ain’t gotta pay what she owe. Everybody pays what they owe. Ask TLC.” However, it has been confirmed that the quote was fake and a part of a parody interview.
This is one hot mess, for sure! It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here