*Anytime the President of the United States recognizes your sex appeal, you’ve got to know that you truly got it goin’ on!
“He told everyone in the screening room…’Idris Elba couldn’t sit down because all the ladies, all the ladies were all over him. Give him a break today, ladies. Give him a break,'” Elba told reporter Marc Malkin of E online news – adding with a smile, “I was sitting in the room with a massive head.”
Elba called it “an honor” to have Obama ask to see the movie.
“Barack is really fond of Mr. Mandela so he was really thrilled to have us there to present our film and I felt very special about doing that,” said the actor, whose makeup artist girlfriend Naiyana Garth is reportedly pregnant with their first baby.
Idris stars in the biopic of the South African leader opposite Naomie Harris as his wife Winnie Mandela.
Harris and two of Mandela’s daughters, Zindzi and Zenani, also attended the screening; along with the film’s director, Justin Chadwick.
“I’m still pinching myself,” Chadwick also said at the BAFTA gala. “It still feels like a bit of a dream to be showing your film in the White House with the president.”
Read/learn more at EOnline!
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here