*Anytime the President of the United States recognizes your sex appeal, you’ve got to know that you truly got it goin’ on!
“He told everyone in the screening room…’Idris Elba couldn’t sit down because all the ladies, all the ladies were all over him. Give him a break today, ladies. Give him a break,'” Elba told reporter Marc Malkin of E online news – adding with a smile, “I was sitting in the room with a massive head.”
Elba called it “an honor” to have Obama ask to see the movie.
“Barack is really fond of Mr. Mandela so he was really thrilled to have us there to present our film and I felt very special about doing that,” said the actor, whose makeup artist girlfriend Naiyana Garth is reportedly pregnant with their first baby.
Idris stars in the biopic of the South African leader opposite Naomie Harris as his wife Winnie Mandela.
Harris and two of Mandela’s daughters, Zindzi and Zenani, also attended the screening; along with the film’s director, Justin Chadwick.
“I’m still pinching myself,” Chadwick also said at the BAFTA gala. “It still feels like a bit of a dream to be showing your film in the White House with the president.”
Read/learn more at EOnline!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here