*Anytime the President of the United States recognizes your sex appeal, you’ve got to know that you truly got it goin’ on!
“He told everyone in the screening room…’Idris Elba couldn’t sit down because all the ladies, all the ladies were all over him. Give him a break today, ladies. Give him a break,'” Elba told reporter Marc Malkin of E online news – adding with a smile, “I was sitting in the room with a massive head.”
Elba called it “an honor” to have Obama ask to see the movie.
“Barack is really fond of Mr. Mandela so he was really thrilled to have us there to present our film and I felt very special about doing that,” said the actor, whose makeup artist girlfriend Naiyana Garth is reportedly pregnant with their first baby.
Idris stars in the biopic of the South African leader opposite Naomie Harris as his wife Winnie Mandela.
Harris and two of Mandela’s daughters, Zindzi and Zenani, also attended the screening; along with the film’s director, Justin Chadwick.
“I’m still pinching myself,” Chadwick also said at the BAFTA gala. “It still feels like a bit of a dream to be showing your film in the White House with the president.”
Read/learn more at EOnline!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here