*Anytime the President of the United States recognizes your sex appeal, you’ve got to know that you truly got it goin’ on!
“He told everyone in the screening room…’Idris Elba couldn’t sit down because all the ladies, all the ladies were all over him. Give him a break today, ladies. Give him a break,'” Elba told reporter Marc Malkin of E online news – adding with a smile, “I was sitting in the room with a massive head.”
Elba called it “an honor” to have Obama ask to see the movie.
“Barack is really fond of Mr. Mandela so he was really thrilled to have us there to present our film and I felt very special about doing that,” said the actor, whose makeup artist girlfriend Naiyana Garth is reportedly pregnant with their first baby.
Idris stars in the biopic of the South African leader opposite Naomie Harris as his wife Winnie Mandela.
Harris and two of Mandela’s daughters, Zindzi and Zenani, also attended the screening; along with the film’s director, Justin Chadwick.
“I’m still pinching myself,” Chadwick also said at the BAFTA gala. “It still feels like a bit of a dream to be showing your film in the White House with the president.”
Read/learn more at EOnline!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here