*Surely, the cast of “Preachers of L.A.” must’ve known how controversial a show of this nature would be.
Many people remain stunned that “True” men of God would even participate in something like this. But people love controversy so the wildly successful reality series continues to make headlines.
Bishop T.D. Jakes went after the cast, and called the show “junk” for flaunting the mansions they live in and the luxury clothes they wear.
“There was a lot of heat from the trailer, or the sizzle reel,” said Pastor Wayne Chaney, senior pastor of Antioch Church of Long Beach, Calif. “Once the show started and people have tuned in, they’ve realized that it has not been about material possessions, but about the lives of these larger than life men.”
Bishop Ron Gibson, founder of Life Church Of God In Christ, in Riverside, Calif. added, ”We have incredibly faithful congregations, but we’re not infallible. So [the series] shows the duality of what it’s like to be in the position to be held to a higher standard, but humanized the position that we’re in.”
GOP strategist Raynard Jackson, who was on a panel during the show, turned it up a notch saying,”I’ve been inside this whole gospel, religious industry for most of my adult life,” Jackson said, “and I find what you guys are doing is an embarrassment to the church.”
Gibson responded, “The church has been compartmentalized for too long. If [Jackson has] seen my participation, and the other men’s participation, he would see redeeming value in it.”
See the debate unfold in the clip below.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here