*Surely, the cast of “Preachers of L.A.” must’ve known how controversial a show of this nature would be.
Many people remain stunned that “True” men of God would even participate in something like this. But people love controversy so the wildly successful reality series continues to make headlines.
Bishop T.D. Jakes went after the cast, and called the show “junk” for flaunting the mansions they live in and the luxury clothes they wear.
“There was a lot of heat from the trailer, or the sizzle reel,” said Pastor Wayne Chaney, senior pastor of Antioch Church of Long Beach, Calif. “Once the show started and people have tuned in, they’ve realized that it has not been about material possessions, but about the lives of these larger than life men.”
Bishop Ron Gibson, founder of Life Church Of God In Christ, in Riverside, Calif. added, ”We have incredibly faithful congregations, but we’re not infallible. So [the series] shows the duality of what it’s like to be in the position to be held to a higher standard, but humanized the position that we’re in.”
GOP strategist Raynard Jackson, who was on a panel during the show, turned it up a notch saying,”I’ve been inside this whole gospel, religious industry for most of my adult life,” Jackson said, “and I find what you guys are doing is an embarrassment to the church.”
Gibson responded, “The church has been compartmentalized for too long. If [Jackson has] seen my participation, and the other men’s participation, he would see redeeming value in it.”
See the debate unfold in the clip below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here