*A poll released Tuesday morning by The Washington Post and ABC News shows Americans are not feeling the implementations surrounding the rollout of President Obama‘s healthcare law; and his approval ratings have reached an all-time low, at 42 percent with a record 55 percent disapproving. These numbers show a significant drop from October, and slightly worse than his previous low point of 54 percent disapproval in late 2011.
Only one third of Americans approve of the presidents’ implementation of the new health care law, while 63 percent disapprove. And although most don’t think the president intentionally misled the American public when he said those who liked their policies could keep them — more than half — 56 percent to be exact — blames mismanagement, not the problems that normally plaque startups, for the cancellation of some existing policies.
Now, an overwhelming majority thinks the requirement for all individuals to have health insurance should be delayed.
Opposition to the health care law has gained momentum. Since last month it has rose up 8 points and now sits at 57 percent opposing the law. The American public seems split on whether this plan has a future.
Obama’s signature health law has also taken a clear toll on his popularity, pollsters say.
“Obama has hit other rough stretches in his presidency, whether because of unhappiness about the economy, controversy over health-care reform or reaction to unexpected problems such as the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico,” The Washington Post’s Dan Balz and Peyton Craighill write. “But in those cases, his standing was helped somewhat by favorable impressions of him personally.”
But now it appears those have faded. A majority disagrees that he is a strong leader, that he is honest and trustworthy, and that he “understands the problems of people like you.” His favorability rating, which was narrowly positive in last month’s Washington Post/ABC poll, is underwater, with 46 percent viewing him favorably and 52 percent unfavorably.
Obama’s approval ratings have taken an especially large hit among independents, moderates and young adults, ABC notes.
Read/learn MORE at Huffington Post.
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here