*Love her or hate her, Rihanna has reached another musical milestone.
Last week, the singer surpassed 10 million albums sold in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Her catalog moved another 5,000 copies in the week ending Nov. 10, bringing her total sold to 10,001,000.
Her most recently-released album, 2012’s “Unapologetic,” has now sold 1.113 million. It’s her fifth-largest selling studio release, and is on the verge of overtaking 2011’s “Talk That Talk” to become her fourth-biggest. “Talk That Talk” has sold 1.118 million.
“Unapologetic” was the star’s seventh studio effort, and her first to hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart. In total, she’s collected seven top 10 sets since her first album in 2005.
Rihanna’s best selling album remains 2007’s “Good Girl Gone Bad,” with 2.8 million sold.
Sales of Rihanna’s other studio albums: “Music of the Sun” (released in 2005; 609,000 sold), “A Girl Like Me” (2006; 1.349 million), “Rated R” (2009; 1.110 million) and “Loud” (2010; 1.761 million).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here