*Rihanna will make history at the American Music Awards later this month.
The singer has been chosen to be the first-ever recipient of the “AMA Icon Award,” created to honor an artist whose body of work has made a profound influence over pop music on a global level.
“Rihanna’s iconic and innovative sound has enabled her to become one of the most influential and best-selling artists of all time,” said producer Larry Klein.
This month Rihanna scored her 25th top-10 hit on the Hot 100, with “The Monster,” her collaboration with Eminem, a chart feat that ties her with Elvis Presley on the all-time list. “The Monster” is also Rihanna’s 45th Hot 100 entry, tying her with the output of Mariah Carey.
A six-time AMA winner, Rihanna will compete in four categories at this year’s show, including for artist of the year and favorite soul/R&B album, for “Unapologetic.”
RiRi will also perform during the ceremony, being held Nov. 24 on ABC. Other performers include Katy Perry, Jennifer Lopez, TLC, Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, One Direction, Florida Georgia Line, Miley Cyrus, Imagine Dragons and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
Pitbull will host the ceremony and perform his new single “Timber” with Ke$ha.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here