*Samuel L. Jackson probably let out more f-bombs than usual after suffering an injury while participating in a stunt.
The actor told David Letterman he separated his shoulder while shooting a sequence for forthcoming action film “Big Game” in Germany.
“It’s another one of those ‘president in jeopardy’ films… That’s where I separated my shoulder,” he said. “Anatomically, what happened is, I was flipped from a height of about seven feet out of a freezer, which is supposedly attached to a helicopter flying through some woods, and they had a camera on one end of the freezer, I was on the other end, and the stuntman jumped off the freezer, the (weight of the) camera flipped the freezer, I went flying out of it and I landed on my shoulder. Now when I landed on my shoulder, the ligaments that hold your clavicle (collarbone) down snapped and my clavicle jumped up…
“The pain was crazy only because the shoulder never really hurt, but the trauma to the muscles that hold it in and the ligaments snapping… so when I took deep breaths, it felt like someone was stabbing me in the chest or in the back…”
Jackson’s doctors offered to fix the joint injury, which left a nasty bump where the out-of-place bone is on his left shoulder, but the actor, an avid golfer, decided against the operation as it would put him out of action for months.
He said: “It’s a class three separation… and (doctors) can push the (collarbone) down, screw it in and do all this other stuff to it, but it’ll take me six months to heal, as opposed to it’s now just ugly! The surgery is basically just cosmetic and I would have more trouble with the shoulder if they put screws in it and everything else than leaving it this way.
“I’ve been going to some therapists and these tension release therapists are really great, and I’m almost back to full motion. I think I can swing a golf club in about 10 days.”
Below, Jackson and Letterman talk “Star Wars.”
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here