*Samuel L. Jackson probably let out more f-bombs than usual after suffering an injury while participating in a stunt.
The actor told David Letterman he separated his shoulder while shooting a sequence for forthcoming action film “Big Game” in Germany.
“It’s another one of those ‘president in jeopardy’ films… That’s where I separated my shoulder,” he said. “Anatomically, what happened is, I was flipped from a height of about seven feet out of a freezer, which is supposedly attached to a helicopter flying through some woods, and they had a camera on one end of the freezer, I was on the other end, and the stuntman jumped off the freezer, the (weight of the) camera flipped the freezer, I went flying out of it and I landed on my shoulder. Now when I landed on my shoulder, the ligaments that hold your clavicle (collarbone) down snapped and my clavicle jumped up…
“The pain was crazy only because the shoulder never really hurt, but the trauma to the muscles that hold it in and the ligaments snapping… so when I took deep breaths, it felt like someone was stabbing me in the chest or in the back…”
Jackson’s doctors offered to fix the joint injury, which left a nasty bump where the out-of-place bone is on his left shoulder, but the actor, an avid golfer, decided against the operation as it would put him out of action for months.
He said: “It’s a class three separation… and (doctors) can push the (collarbone) down, screw it in and do all this other stuff to it, but it’ll take me six months to heal, as opposed to it’s now just ugly! The surgery is basically just cosmetic and I would have more trouble with the shoulder if they put screws in it and everything else than leaving it this way.
“I’ve been going to some therapists and these tension release therapists are really great, and I’m almost back to full motion. I think I can swing a golf club in about 10 days.”
Below, Jackson and Letterman talk “Star Wars.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Daniel Craig In Talks to Join Halle Berry in LA Riots Drama ‘Kings’
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here