*Samuel L. Jackson probably let out more f-bombs than usual after suffering an injury while participating in a stunt.
The actor told David Letterman he separated his shoulder while shooting a sequence for forthcoming action film “Big Game” in Germany.
“It’s another one of those ‘president in jeopardy’ films… That’s where I separated my shoulder,” he said. “Anatomically, what happened is, I was flipped from a height of about seven feet out of a freezer, which is supposedly attached to a helicopter flying through some woods, and they had a camera on one end of the freezer, I was on the other end, and the stuntman jumped off the freezer, the (weight of the) camera flipped the freezer, I went flying out of it and I landed on my shoulder. Now when I landed on my shoulder, the ligaments that hold your clavicle (collarbone) down snapped and my clavicle jumped up…
“The pain was crazy only because the shoulder never really hurt, but the trauma to the muscles that hold it in and the ligaments snapping… so when I took deep breaths, it felt like someone was stabbing me in the chest or in the back…”
Jackson’s doctors offered to fix the joint injury, which left a nasty bump where the out-of-place bone is on his left shoulder, but the actor, an avid golfer, decided against the operation as it would put him out of action for months.
He said: “It’s a class three separation… and (doctors) can push the (collarbone) down, screw it in and do all this other stuff to it, but it’ll take me six months to heal, as opposed to it’s now just ugly! The surgery is basically just cosmetic and I would have more trouble with the shoulder if they put screws in it and everything else than leaving it this way.
“I’ve been going to some therapists and these tension release therapists are really great, and I’m almost back to full motion. I think I can swing a golf club in about 10 days.”
Below, Jackson and Letterman talk “Star Wars.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here