*Just when you thought you knew the modus operandi of one Shonda Rhimes, she goes and switches up on you!
The uber-talented creator of some of the most watched shows on television today has now inked her first book deal. Shonda Rhimes has just signed with Simon and Shuster to write her memoir; where she will talk about life before Hollywood, and the challenges of being a single mother while striving for professional success. Publication is scheduled for 2015.
S&S describes the book as “part memoir, part inspiration, part prescription.”
In a statement announcing the deal, Rhimes joked, “Simon and Schuster is crazy for giving me a book deal, as I am clearly in no position to be handing out wisdom.”
But on a more serious note, she added, “I have made a lot of mistakes as a single mother, and as a working mother, and as a sleepless mother, and as a dating mother. And I did all of it while running a bunch of TV shows. So I’m going to write about that and hope my kids don’t use it against me in therapy later.”
S&S VP and Editor-in-chief Marysue Rucci also commented on the deal. “Shonda Rhimes is bar none in the storytelling realm. Now fans of her phenomenal shows can read Shonda’s story in her own words – and marvel at how Shonda built a phenomenal career. Readers everywhere will cheer the fearless decisions Shonda has made to achieve happiness.”
If her book is anything like her TV shows, put ours on order for the first printing now!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here