*Just when you thought you knew the modus operandi of one Shonda Rhimes, she goes and switches up on you!
The uber-talented creator of some of the most watched shows on television today has now inked her first book deal. Shonda Rhimes has just signed with Simon and Shuster to write her memoir; where she will talk about life before Hollywood, and the challenges of being a single mother while striving for professional success. Publication is scheduled for 2015.
S&S describes the book as “part memoir, part inspiration, part prescription.”
In a statement announcing the deal, Rhimes joked, “Simon and Schuster is crazy for giving me a book deal, as I am clearly in no position to be handing out wisdom.”
But on a more serious note, she added, “I have made a lot of mistakes as a single mother, and as a working mother, and as a sleepless mother, and as a dating mother. And I did all of it while running a bunch of TV shows. So I’m going to write about that and hope my kids don’t use it against me in therapy later.”
S&S VP and Editor-in-chief Marysue Rucci also commented on the deal. “Shonda Rhimes is bar none in the storytelling realm. Now fans of her phenomenal shows can read Shonda’s story in her own words – and marvel at how Shonda built a phenomenal career. Readers everywhere will cheer the fearless decisions Shonda has made to achieve happiness.”
If her book is anything like her TV shows, put ours on order for the first printing now!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here