“I think there’s a lot of stuff out today that is coonery and buffoonery,” Lee said about Tyler Perry’s productions. “I see ads for ‘Meet the Browns’ and ‘House of Payne’ and I’m scratching my head. the image is troubling and it harkens back to Amos ‘n’ Andy.”
Well, that was then. These days Spike is singing the praises of Madea’s alter ego. Recently on “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” Lee mentioned that after a visit to Perry’s home the two seemed to be on the Same page:
“No we’re cool, we’re mad cool now,” says Lee. “He’s trying to make it that our differences are based on a social, economic level. He’s trying to say it’s because he’s from the South and I’m from the North.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Beyonce Adds Dates to North American Leg of Formation Tour
- NewsOne Now: Chicago Pastor Sues Police for Road Rage Attack (WATCH)
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Cast, Directors Talk Black Panther, Spider-Man and ‘Selfish’ Cap (EUR Exclusive)
- Twitter User Shares Story About Horrifying Rape at Spelman
- Texas Mother of Kids 'Tied Up in Yard Like Dogs' Found in Cali (Watch)
- Ohio Son (Trey Potter) Takes Mom (MelRo Potter) to Her First Prom (WATCH)
- DEA Joins Prince Ivestigation; Kendrick Lamar Joined Him in New Video (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here