“I think there’s a lot of stuff out today that is coonery and buffoonery,” Lee said about Tyler Perry’s productions. “I see ads for ‘Meet the Browns’ and ‘House of Payne’ and I’m scratching my head. the image is troubling and it harkens back to Amos ‘n’ Andy.”
Well, that was then. These days Spike is singing the praises of Madea’s alter ego. Recently on “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” Lee mentioned that after a visit to Perry’s home the two seemed to be on the Same page:
“No we’re cool, we’re mad cool now,” says Lee. “He’s trying to make it that our differences are based on a social, economic level. He’s trying to say it’s because he’s from the South and I’m from the North.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here