“Star doesn’t think Mo’Nique could possibly be losing all that weight naturally,” said a source to the National Enquirer. “She’s commented to a few friends that she thinks Mo’Nique must have had something done because she’s looking so good so fast.”
Jones, who lost 160 pounds after gastric bypass surgery in 2003, took to Twitter to vent her outrage about the erroneous report.
“I have NEVER said anything as foul as this BS story about my DEAR FRIEND Mo’Nique,” the 51-year-old attorney tweeted via @StarJonesEsq. “I’m so mad I could spit!”
The former co-host of “The View,” who is now a regular contributor on NBC’s “Today” show, also threatened to block any Twitter followers who retweeted her Twitter handle with the blog stories perpetuating the National Enquirer “lie.”
Mo’Nique actually tweeted Jones to tell her not to worry about the story.
“Hey my sweet sister. It has to make you smile. Stay beautiful. Sending you hugs and love,” Mo’Nique wrote via @MoWorldwide.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here