“Star doesn’t think Mo’Nique could possibly be losing all that weight naturally,” said a source to the National Enquirer. “She’s commented to a few friends that she thinks Mo’Nique must have had something done because she’s looking so good so fast.”
Jones, who lost 160 pounds after gastric bypass surgery in 2003, took to Twitter to vent her outrage about the erroneous report.
“I have NEVER said anything as foul as this BS story about my DEAR FRIEND Mo’Nique,” the 51-year-old attorney tweeted via @StarJonesEsq. “I’m so mad I could spit!”
The former co-host of “The View,” who is now a regular contributor on NBC’s “Today” show, also threatened to block any Twitter followers who retweeted her Twitter handle with the blog stories perpetuating the National Enquirer “lie.”
Mo’Nique actually tweeted Jones to tell her not to worry about the story.
“Hey my sweet sister. It has to make you smile. Stay beautiful. Sending you hugs and love,” Mo’Nique wrote via @MoWorldwide.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- What Happened to US Government Employee Kanika Powell?
- Danny Glover Joins Gabrielle Union's ‘A Meyer’s Christmas’; Ernie Hudson Added to ‘Graves’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here