“Star doesn’t think Mo’Nique could possibly be losing all that weight naturally,” said a source to the National Enquirer. “She’s commented to a few friends that she thinks Mo’Nique must have had something done because she’s looking so good so fast.”
Jones, who lost 160 pounds after gastric bypass surgery in 2003, took to Twitter to vent her outrage about the erroneous report.
“I have NEVER said anything as foul as this BS story about my DEAR FRIEND Mo’Nique,” the 51-year-old attorney tweeted via @StarJonesEsq. “I’m so mad I could spit!”
The former co-host of “The View,” who is now a regular contributor on NBC’s “Today” show, also threatened to block any Twitter followers who retweeted her Twitter handle with the blog stories perpetuating the National Enquirer “lie.”
Mo’Nique actually tweeted Jones to tell her not to worry about the story.
“Hey my sweet sister. It has to make you smile. Stay beautiful. Sending you hugs and love,” Mo’Nique wrote via @MoWorldwide.
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- 18-Year-Old Forgives Rapper Kevin Gates for Kicking Her (WATCH)
- D'Angelo Speaks on His Iconic 'Untitled' Video with Tavis Smiley (WATCH)
- Hot Mess! McDonald's Worker Pulled Out of Drive-Thru Window (WATCH)
- VH1 Preps Viewers for What’s to Come with ‘Stevie & Joseline’ Teaser
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here