The performance will take place at his 18th annual House Full of Toys Benefit Concert at L.A. Live on December 21st.
“This is my celebration of song, life and love,” said Wonder during a press conference. “It is amazing how the album is still relevant today. After all, I could never write all the songs in the key of life; but there will be others who will carry on the message of song, love and life.”
The concert will feature some of the original singers and musicians from the double LP and contemporary artist. Wonder did not reveal the names of the additional artist but said he is, “reaching out and talking to a lot of people.”“We’re going to have some visuals that I’ve always imagined doing; some dancers in a couple of the songs,” said the legend. “I want people to really get how I see things, how I visualize.”
His landmark 1976 album won the Grammy Award for album of the year in 1976 and earned the singer three golden gramophones for producer of the year, best male pop vocal performance and best male R&B vocal performance.
“Songs in the Key of Life” is ranked 56th on the Rolling Stones magazine’s list of “500Greatest Albums of All Time.”
The charity raises money for children in need and collects unwrapped toys and gifts during the holiday season.
Tickets for this year’s show go on sale Nov. 1 at AXS.com.
At the end of the event Wonder treated the media and performed “Sir Duke”, “Knocks Me Off My Feet”, “I Wish” and “As”, from the “Life” album. Keyboardist Greg Phillinganes and percussionist Munyungo Jackson joined him on stage.
To watch Stevie Wonders impromptu performance click here…
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Heartbroken Former Obama Supporter Gives Full Support to Trump [WATCH]
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Morris Chestnut Talks About His Latest Role
- The Socialist’s Journal: Obama and the Ultra-Racialization of America
- Martin Luther King Jr. Tribute to Top Confederate Memorial on Stone Mountain
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here