*Music producer Swizz Beatz is determined to help his troublesome friend DMX get his career back on track by focusing all his efforts on completing the rapper’s new album.
DMX, born Earl Simmons, has struggled to stay out of legal trouble in recent years and was arrested earlier this month (for the fourth time in 2013 alone), after he was pulled over at an airport in South Carolina for driving on a suspended license. He was also charged with driving without insurance and driving an unlicensed vehicle.
The arrest occurred as DMX prepared to fly to New York for a comeback appearance with Beatz on “The Wendy Williams Show,” but the interview and performance was subsequently scrapped.
Beatz has now spoken out to assure fans that the rapper is doing well, and that the follow up to 2012’s “Undisputed” will be worth the wait.
“Everything is DMX for me right now. It’s my main focus because it’s what started everything,” he told MTV’s RapFix Live host Sway. “He’s been going through a lot of different things but… he’s DMX! He’s good; he’s in good vibes. But wait until y’all hear this music though – y’all gon’ really know how he is. We working hard on that and I can’t wait. I can’t wait.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here