*Music producer Swizz Beatz is determined to help his troublesome friend DMX get his career back on track by focusing all his efforts on completing the rapper’s new album.
DMX, born Earl Simmons, has struggled to stay out of legal trouble in recent years and was arrested earlier this month (for the fourth time in 2013 alone), after he was pulled over at an airport in South Carolina for driving on a suspended license. He was also charged with driving without insurance and driving an unlicensed vehicle.
The arrest occurred as DMX prepared to fly to New York for a comeback appearance with Beatz on “The Wendy Williams Show,” but the interview and performance was subsequently scrapped.
Beatz has now spoken out to assure fans that the rapper is doing well, and that the follow up to 2012’s “Undisputed” will be worth the wait.
“Everything is DMX for me right now. It’s my main focus because it’s what started everything,” he told MTV’s RapFix Live host Sway. “He’s been going through a lot of different things but… he’s DMX! He’s good; he’s in good vibes. But wait until y’all hear this music though – y’all gon’ really know how he is. We working hard on that and I can’t wait. I can’t wait.”
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here