*It’s been more than a year since the son of Usher’s ex-wife Tameka Raymond died in a boating accident on a Georgia lake.
Raymond is working to keep the memory of son Kile Glover alive, honoring him with the first Give Thanks 5K run/walk Saturday morning at Chastain Park in Atlanta, reports the Association Press. She wants to raise money for the Kile’s World Foundation’s art initiatives and upcoming camps.
“I know when I’ll be running, I will be thinking of him,” Raymond said of her son, who was run over by a personal watercraft on Lake Lanier, northeast of Atlanta, last year. The 11-year-old boy died two weeks after being critically injured in the accident.
“I’m thinking about him every day, but he was my running buddy,” she continued. “That’s who I used to do my neighborhood jogs with all the time. He would be the only one who would be like, ‘Let’s go, mom’. He kept me going.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here