*It’s been more than a year since the son of Usher’s ex-wife Tameka Raymond died in a boating accident on a Georgia lake.
Raymond is working to keep the memory of son Kile Glover alive, honoring him with the first Give Thanks 5K run/walk Saturday morning at Chastain Park in Atlanta, reports the Association Press. She wants to raise money for the Kile’s World Foundation’s art initiatives and upcoming camps.
“I know when I’ll be running, I will be thinking of him,” Raymond said of her son, who was run over by a personal watercraft on Lake Lanier, northeast of Atlanta, last year. The 11-year-old boy died two weeks after being critically injured in the accident.
“I’m thinking about him every day, but he was my running buddy,” she continued. “That’s who I used to do my neighborhood jogs with all the time. He would be the only one who would be like, ‘Let’s go, mom’. He kept me going.”
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here