*It’s been more than a year since the son of Usher’s ex-wife Tameka Raymond died in a boating accident on a Georgia lake.
Raymond is working to keep the memory of son Kile Glover alive, honoring him with the first Give Thanks 5K run/walk Saturday morning at Chastain Park in Atlanta, reports the Association Press. She wants to raise money for the Kile’s World Foundation’s art initiatives and upcoming camps.
“I know when I’ll be running, I will be thinking of him,” Raymond said of her son, who was run over by a personal watercraft on Lake Lanier, northeast of Atlanta, last year. The 11-year-old boy died two weeks after being critically injured in the accident.
“I’m thinking about him every day, but he was my running buddy,” she continued. “That’s who I used to do my neighborhood jogs with all the time. He would be the only one who would be like, ‘Let’s go, mom’. He kept me going.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here