*It’s been more than a year since the son of Usher’s ex-wife Tameka Raymond died in a boating accident on a Georgia lake.
Raymond is working to keep the memory of son Kile Glover alive, honoring him with the first Give Thanks 5K run/walk Saturday morning at Chastain Park in Atlanta, reports the Association Press. She wants to raise money for the Kile’s World Foundation’s art initiatives and upcoming camps.
“I know when I’ll be running, I will be thinking of him,” Raymond said of her son, who was run over by a personal watercraft on Lake Lanier, northeast of Atlanta, last year. The 11-year-old boy died two weeks after being critically injured in the accident.
“I’m thinking about him every day, but he was my running buddy,” she continued. “That’s who I used to do my neighborhood jogs with all the time. He would be the only one who would be like, ‘Let’s go, mom’. He kept me going.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West Reportedly Fired Security Guard for Trying to Talk to His Wife
- Prince Being Added to Apollo Theater’s Walk of Fame
- Jay Z To Tell ‘His Side ’ of Beyonce Marriage in New Album (Report)
- Heartbreaking: Teen Bullied on Social Media Over Her Prom Photo
- Lawrence Adjah, Founder of Our Family Dinner, Seeks to Re-Connect Millennials
- Prince Update: He was Scheduled to Meet with Addiction Doctor (Report)
- Beyoncé Announces Investment in Watermelon Sports Drink Co.
- Did You Wake Up to The Voice of 'The Rock'? You Could (Watch)
- 50 Cent Apologizes to Family of Autistic Airport Worker
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder wants Pres. Obama to Drink Flint Water
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here