*It appears that the VH1 biopic, “CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story” is still making some pretty dramatic waves.
The subjects of the story have since been threatened by Ashley Reid, the daughter of L.A. Reid and Pebbles; and Pebbles, the former manager of TLC, has been traveling the talk show circuit in attempts at damage control – due to how she was portrayed in the movie. Now, in a straw that breaks the camel back move, it’s being reported that TLC has been dropped from their Epic Records label deal; which they only signed this year. You can’t deny, the timing is circumspect.
In the event you didn’t know, TLC signed a record deal with Epic Records under a cloak of secrecy because L.A. Reid is the chairman and CEO of the record company. Reid is the former husband of Pebbles. But now, the deal has reportedly gone sour since the airing of the movie; which depicted Pebbles, an 80’s R&B singer, as a ruthless business woman who stole all of TLC’s money and charged them for use of the name “TLC.”
TLC’s fan page (@OfficialTLCNews) tweeted the news about the alleged parting of ways with Epic Records about a week ago. Although they have said the deal is off, they also posted a message from Chilli saying, “Until We Release An Official Statement, Don’t Assume The “TALK” Is Real.”
We are sure there will be more to come. Stay tuned.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here