*It appears that the VH1 biopic, “CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story” is still making some pretty dramatic waves.
The subjects of the story have since been threatened by Ashley Reid, the daughter of L.A. Reid and Pebbles; and Pebbles, the former manager of TLC, has been traveling the talk show circuit in attempts at damage control – due to how she was portrayed in the movie. Now, in a straw that breaks the camel back move, it’s being reported that TLC has been dropped from their Epic Records label deal; which they only signed this year. You can’t deny, the timing is circumspect.
In the event you didn’t know, TLC signed a record deal with Epic Records under a cloak of secrecy because L.A. Reid is the chairman and CEO of the record company. Reid is the former husband of Pebbles. But now, the deal has reportedly gone sour since the airing of the movie; which depicted Pebbles, an 80’s R&B singer, as a ruthless business woman who stole all of TLC’s money and charged them for use of the name “TLC.”
TLC’s fan page (@OfficialTLCNews) tweeted the news about the alleged parting of ways with Epic Records about a week ago. Although they have said the deal is off, they also posted a message from Chilli saying, “Until We Release An Official Statement, Don’t Assume The “TALK” Is Real.”
We are sure there will be more to come. Stay tuned.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here